HomeKit Secure Video

You also need to have your Homekit hub on 14. The AppleTV or Homepod. Since those are harder to pull back from, I recommend waiting for public beta on the ATV and removing the HomePod (if it is in the network) as a hub until it’s released. Once that happens the options will appear for curious non-devs who may be reading this thread.

iOS 14 beta one has been the most stable beta that i can recall i have tested iOS beta since iPhone 3 if it helps I’m running it on iPhone 11 and iPad pro 12.9 2018 And Apple TV 4K

1 Like

100% agree. I was floored at how stable it is vs what I have seen over my years of testing. At first I thought I was missing something, but aside from a few small oddities and lags, it’s nowhere near as rocky as any beta 1 I can remember, dev OR public. That said, I won’t roll the dice with a dev on the watch or tv.

Tv is stable watch I’m not going to try just yet also have not done Mac and not going to upgrade Mac untill it’s final.

I should know more here real soon.

There is, I’m using it! And the zone is way more configurable in ios14 than in Eufy own app (which is squares only).

1 Like

Yep I went all in I must say This is great! Streaming from Apple TV is superb as well as iOS 14 on my iPhone 11 Pro the zones are awesome and the Face recognition works well. Oh I also have my HomePod on iOS beta as well Im really not seeing many problems so far.

1 Like

My point was that until they release those features in Beta waves 1,2,currently 3 public beta. You have to wait until Apple releases the feature for HomeKit (HK). When that occurs you can use zones they have set. Apparently that has occurred. For me I just find the eufy app to be decent enough for me and going to HK takes away certain functions outlined by Eufy.

But for eufy to have more HK products that’s on Apple engineers to allow it and give them the green on Apple licenses. That’s the agreement Apple has set. You just have to realize that Apple took what we paid for through taxes (GPS, Cellphone technology, etc) and put it in a shiny box and currently there cash cow. No private company could afford the R&D to develop those technologies and hence why the government funds these type projects with established firms.

I am on IOS14 beta 3 and have had my phone crash but seems more stable then the previous beta 2; with things I constantly do. Bottom line is everyone’s experience is going to be dependent on what you have on your devices and what you use for apps. An what you do on your device.

Glad you all finally figured it out. Cheers.

1 Like