The implications of this, are quite terrifying

:frowning:
Well that page at least is secure :slight_smile:

Oops! That page doesn’t exist or is private.

1 Like

Go to the forum home page. It’s pinned at the top.

Not a word of “We’re sorry” or “We screwed up” or “This was our fault”.

Pathetic…

2 Likes

Same message has been posted on their Twitter account.

They responded on Engadget

2 Likes

BINGO!

I’M RIGHT THERE WITH YA.
(Well, in one respect at least; although, technically, with this breach, I suppose we really could be strip-teasing together in real-time!)

Looks like I’ll be pitching mine. Very irritating.
I realize that sh** happens, but not to get any communication from this outfit is beyond ridiculous.

According to Eufy support the Homebase 2 requires internet connection to function (even if you are using local storage). Unacceptable to me personally. I have discovered that for HomeKit users if you are using them via HomeKit SV you can still have them work even while blocking the Homebase 2’s connection, YMMV.

I sincerely hope they push an update to allow the Homebase 2 to function in a fully local mode with no need for any outgoing or incoming connections to the internet.

Why does this notification not describe the bug? I now see other people have posted other reports of what the bug actually is this has been poorly handled and really should have been much more transparent.

eufy’s handing of this issue has been shocking. I’m fairly heavily invested in eufy security products and while I’m not about to throw them all in the bin, I don’t think I can recommend the to other people any more. The poor handing of this issue, combined with with the apparent unwillingness (or inability) to fix longstanding issues like geofencing and HomeBase external storage means I won’t be purchasing any more eufy products unless I see a real improvement soon. I hope eufy can turn things around as the products are mostly great but let down buy a number of seeming small up issues that add up to a poor user experience.

2 Likes

Eufy cam internet usage is almost double.
I am sure something is downloading