Wired battery doorbell percentage dropping

I have my battery doorbell hooked to the existing wiring and in the app I see the charging symbol/animation yet still the battery percentage is going down ( i think it was around 90% when i hooked it up and after a week of testing its at 83% ).

I would expect it to atleast recharge a bit during the night when there are no events, but I have a feeling that it isn’t recharging at all.

4 Likes

Thanks for reaching out.

For the charging issue, please see the aricle below as the reference:

The charging issue will be vary for different situation, if the issue still persists, please provide your eufy account and email us support@eufylife.com.

We will have the engineering team to check this case for you within 24 hours.

Why won’t your page enlarge the print liking other’s do. I’m getting eye=strain trying to read about my doorbell camera.

The battery doorbell when wired to existing transformer will cycle the charge so as not to damage the batteries. Mine goes from around 70-75% up as high as 88%. This seems to vary some based on the number of activations and recording length. I wouldn’t worry about it unless it goes below 60%. Another issue may be the size of your transformer and if you are using an existing chime. All these things have to be taken into account when looking at the state of charge of the doorbell. There are literally dozens of posts of issues because people don’t understand how the system works.

Same here. Doorbell wont charge when wired. Only usb.
Had to charge today because the batterie was 17%