After app update...issues with videos! Do NOT download!

Same thing with mine. I haven’t slept in days n days because I have this one doorbell camera on my front door. Which is the wireless one to try and make me feel safer as I am a domestic abuse survivor and with severely delayed and sometimes clips not even recording on the camera at all what so ever, and my abuser still being out there trying to find me I thought at least this would give me some good night’s of sleep finally after being through that trauma for three straight and almost deadly years which almost literally led to mine and my childrens deaths too many times to count and I’ve been haunted and traumatized for over 6 years until I was recommended by my doctor’s to maybe get a doorbell cam to try and help me feel a little bit more safer at night so I can rest peacefully. And it was working just absolutely perfectly fine and it felt good to sleep but it’s only been a little less than two months that I’ve had my 2K Doorbell Cam and up until just about the same exact time as everybody else was having all of these issues too as well, that’s when mine started. No videos being captured, if they are they are super delayed and also not to mention it’s a constant like screeching/low growling noise constantly through an entire delayed video that I even do get at most when it does decide to capture and record something. Please let me know if you find anything out. As I’m in straight panic and scared mode and can’t sleep in fear for me and my three babies. Thanks so much…

1 Like

Testing again this morning (2C pro)- it definitely records and plays better from the app if you don’t activate the siren.

1 Like

@dmb2 It’s a shame that we have to alter or not use the Eufy cameras as intended so we could get quality recordings. I know it’s an app issue, which can be fixed, but waiting over three weeks to fix something that wasn’t there prior to their last update is concerning. I will now be very hesitant in any updates they release in the future. This goes for their cams and home base units as well. Unfortunately, we don’t get the choice when those update. :laughing:

Doing some more testing with the 2C Pro, I have confirmed that setting the siren to go off will mess up the recordings- not only will it not playback correctly, if you download the video to your iPhone photo album it will cut off about half of the first part of the video.

Eufy - please fix!

1 Like

The app also freezes several times throughout the day, which it never did before. Also, at times, the cameras “turn on” in a black screen for a 2-3 seconds then the feed comes on. Other times, it takes a few seconds before the date appears on the right. I’ve also had a recording where the time was incorrect and then adjusted by a few minutes in the actual recording. All this began with this new app update. However, the home bases have also been updated recently so it’s difficult to pin point what is the actual cause of these issues.

I really wish the “engineers” would thoroughly go through the app and use their units before making them go live to the public. Like one person commented on the forum…we shouldn’t be Eufy’s beta testers for their products. Losing lots of faith in their security system because it’s becoming way too inconsistent.

1 Like

folks pls submit a ticket to Eufy as they still have no idea what is wrong.

1 Like

Today Eufy released a new version.
2.4.0-817US

My slow motion jerky play back with events and sd card are still Not fixed.

but

access to forum through app has improved.
not as sluggish.

not sure if missing notification banner after sleep wakeup has been fixed yet.

1 Like

@cf7 Same here! I downloaded V2.4.0_637 and the freezing and skipping of many of my videos are still the same. Especially, if the videos triggered an alarm. It pretty much misses the entire event. I reached out to Eufy customer support…again (Cherry who is very polite, but can only forward my emails to their “engineers”). Like I explained to her…it’s getting frustrating that their updates do not address the issues they’ve created. I didn’t have any of these problems prior to V2.3.0. I guess we have to wait another 3 weeks just to see if they’ve address it…:man_facepalming:t2:

Has the issues been fixed for you? I bought eufy cam2 2 weeks ago, been working great up until a few days ago where it started skipping seconds in the clip. Noticed it happenes mostly in the morning and much less during the day or evening.

@AND14621It’s better than it was in the past. However, the app is still no where near perfect. I still have issues with cameras not responding, videos not downloading in its entirely, delay or misses when switching zones, issues accessing recorded videos, snoozing cameras, etc. Closing and reopening the app usually works.

My wife who updated her app has it way worse. So I’m on an older version and won’t update it because I don’t want her issues…in essence her app is useless and can’t access anything.