Audio problems on eufyCam 2

I recently added two eufyCam 2 cameras to my system, but both cameras are having a bit of an audio problem. I’ve put them both up in the same place at different times, and the first had little to no volume, while the second one has plenty of audio, but is creating its own repetitive sound that you can hear when in live view and on motion detects (a two-second loop). I tried turning the cameras off and back on, but the same result with both. I don’t know if both are defective (bought them together so that would not be a surprise). I also have the Eufy wireless doorbell and the audio on that is crystal clear.

@vcox
Can you describe how you’re listening to the audio? Are you near the camera when doing so, because the mic on the camera could be picking up the sound on your phone which would create an audio loop.

1 Like

I have the same issue with my eufy 2 pro. When I press speak icon to talk, there is an echo sound even though I did not speak anything and my phone is not close to the camera. Is it defective ? Tried to lower camera volume but the echo still exists whenever I press the speak icon

2 Likes

I have had the same problem with the audio quality for my Eufy 2C - contacted customer support who showed me delink/ linked the camera to the home base again. It does not work. They advised its defective & asked me to contact the original for warranty. Unhappy as it looks links many have the same issue

I have a problem with the out going audio when i replay it on my phone it sounds horrible

The video is me testing it and the play back audio is shocking can’t understand a thing im saying.

tried turning the audio settings to low but no difference.

Any ideas ?

1 Like

Well it is now July 2021 and the Audio on the system I have just installed is completely unusable (2C Camera Kit with HomeBase 2).

The Audio functionality on this product is completely unfit for purpose.

Absolutely ridiculous!!!

Hi, I purchased the eufyCam 2C system with two cameras a few months ago and the sound quality on both is terrible. There does not appear to be anything I can do to improve it. I should have returned them and demanded a refund, but urgently needed security for my property. When I can find a better system I will replace them.

Remove the plastic cover over the camera

Is this a serious response?
I’m asking because I’ll be installing some Eufy 2 cameras soon and I’m hoping I don’t have these issues. Is there a cover over the camera that is supposed to be removed?

Yeah there’s no plastic over the speaker so I’m calling BS on the response.

Same issue here. Sound is in camera is super bad. Way too loud even on low setting and the speaker is makig terrible sound.

Does this resolved already?

I have two camera’s they both have the same issue. The sound is completely distorted even is the volume is put on low. The system version is 4.2.3 on both camera’s. Is there a solution to this problem? S