Camera accessibility

@pysailr Yes, the cameras can be deterrents and it’s great that you have NAS to backup your camera’s footage. It’s even better that your cameras are in tough places to reach. But it still doesn’t solve the issue that these devices can easily be reset within seconds. So I guess Eufy should suggest that everyone set their cameras exactly how you have them to avoid these security concerns, lol.

I’m guessing others like Ring, Arlo, Wyze may have the same problems. And if that’s the case, it’s an issue within the software for all these “security” devices no matter the manufacturer. They just haven’t addressed it as a whole…and maybe it’s because people are not aware of it and/or it hasn’t been a larger issue. However, that could always change, especially the more popular these devices become. Thus the reason why I mentioned they should be more proactive than reactive.

It reminds me about smartphones in the past. There’s a reason why stealing them today is not what it use to be years ago. Because companies have addressed this through their software updates and phones become pretty useless without the correct credentials and become bricked devices. This is my feelings with these type of wireless battery cameras and the direction the companies should consider.

I totally get it’s not a big concern for your setup, but IMHO it’s something that should be addressed someday in the future. In the meantime, we’ll disagree about the importance of this flaw.