Cannot connect to Homebase 2 with new router

Bought a new modem (SB8200) and router (AX3000) two months ago and have not been able to connect the Homebase 2 to it ever since. The red ring stays on no matter what and I don’t know what to do.

Our old modem/router combo (AC1900) worked and was able to connect to the Homebase 2 with no issue. We tried unplugging our new modem and router and retrying with the older modem/router and it was able to work again, so we know it’s not a faulty Homebase 2 or wiring issue.

I’ve called customer support and they said it’s most likely an issue with our new router preventing connection from getting through but I don’t know what it is. Every firmware is up to date.

I’ve disabled the firewall, enabled DHCP server, changed which port the Homebase 2 was connected to, removed the Homebase 2 from the app and tried to re-add it but now I can’t detect it.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Some newer routers use the same SSID for both the 5 Ghz and 2.4 Ghz channels. If yours is like that, it won’t work with Homebase. The fix is to separate the channels and not have the same SSID for both. The specific of how to do that should be in your router documentation.

1 Like

Thank you for your suggestion. Both the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz channels have had different SSIDs which hasn’t made an impact on the Homebase 2’s ability to connect.