Eufy Security is preparing to launch its first smart parcel box, possibly called Smart Drop… Take a look!
Crowdfunding will begin on August 20, 2020, at 7:00 AM ET.
Here were a few design ideas from April:
The user might have to assemble the smart parcel box themselves in order to save about $20 on shipping costs. This would likely take less than 30 minutes.
Four options were being considered, including:
- Mount on the wall using screws
- Mount on the floor using screws
- Mount on a railing using a chain
- Place on the floor without mounting
Although wired power was considered, a rechargeable device with six months of battery life seems more likely.
Three methods were being considered, including:
- 4GB local storage on the smart parcel box
- Local storage on HomeBase
- Cloud storage with artificial intelligence for video analysis
A sound would be activated anytime someone approaches to alert couriers of its existence (could be disabled).
Five methods were being considered, including:
- One-Button-Open without authorization
- Authorized-Open requiring the user to grant access after being notified
- One-Button-Open for the first use and Authorized-Open each time after
- Users can customize the number of One-Button-Opens in a given day
- Users provide the courier with a one-time valid access code during checkout to open the box
Note: One-Button-Open may require the person’s entire face to be in view and uncovered.
Four methods were being considered, including:
- Open the box via your phone
- Open the box via access code
- Open the box via key
- Open the box via NFC card
Disclaimer: None of these features were finalized; details may change.
Are you interested in a smart parcel box? If so, be sure to let us know what features you hope eufy Security includes!