Constant audio stutter in live feed, not in recording

I recently just got my doorbell and exactly same issue where the sound stutters on the App when the door bell is pressed and you speak in live mode.

Afrer trying everything I also realised that the above workaround seems to help but again its not ideal. You press the button when u want to talk and press again when your finished and the audio comes through ok. You have to start stop the call button. Surely this is not how its designed to work??

1 Like

Can’t believe this issue has gone on so long. If I’d seen these comments before I’d never of bought it. Can’t say I hold out much hope of fix anytime soon as it’s been going on without update for best part of 12 months. Now have choose whether I persevere or return as unfit for purpose.

3 Likes

I think we need to just spam Amazon review page about Eufy’s poor customer support and issues with the doorbell voice stutter. Not even an acknowledgment on the forum of an issue that is clear as day and night. Why do people need to post a response on a forum that they recieved from customer support? This is not even remotely healthy. Anyone reading this just buy a Ring and have working unit you will save yourself so much frustration.

1 Like

Still with this problem after months. Audio stuttering when I press the “phone” button.

Has someone found a solution?

From tech support they push me firmware version 3.6.4 and now the problem is fixed!

2 Likes

The Eufy Doorbell cam’s 2-way communication FLATOUT does not function properly. The problem is all over the internet. I returned the original purchase for an exchange and have the same choppy audio problem. Returning this one for a FULL refund as exchanging is just a wasted exercise!

Sorry if you all have had yours too long to return, I’ve only had mine for a week.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND waiting until a new version is released!

I emailed support again last week, 7th Feb 2022, they told me that they would push the new firmware to my device.

I’m pleased to report that as of the 8th all is well, 2-way audio now works!

My software levels are below.

Doorbell : 2k battery T8210

Subsystem Version: 1.1.40-20210926

System Version : 5.4.2 Now >>>5.4.5<<<

Plugin Chime : HomeBase

Subsystem Version: 0.0.0.4

System Version : 2.1.2.2m_2.9

I am using the Eufy security app on my Android S10 phone, Android app v4.0.1_1206

1 Like

Still the same issue here. Still horrible stutter in 2-way-audio.
Just checked and the device says Firmware is up-to-date.
Tried setting the HomeBase Working Mode to “Performance(Beta)” but no results either.

Model: HomeBase2
System version: 2.18.5h
Subsystem Version 1.3.0.9

Model: T8210
System Version: 5.4.2 (Check for firmware update: no firmware update available)

Model No.: Motion Sensor
Firmware Version: 2.0.1.1

Wifi and device connection are excellent.

Phone:
Android - Samsung S10+

@Eufy
Not responding to your customers when faced with a critical flaw in your system is a sure way to go out of business fast. Please provide a fix ASAP!

1 Like

I’ve also asked to be update to the latest firmware (5.5.1) and now the audio stutter issue is resolved. Great and quick solution, with very responsive customer service! I expect they will push this update out wider soon. For me this is the perfect bell, moved from broken Nest Hello, with expensive monthly fees. Only thing could be 24/7 recording option, and ability to change the chime sound on outside bell unit.

1 Like

Just got mine from amazon yesterday will be returning it tomorrow because the audio is awful