Constant audio stutter in live feed, not in recording

Hi everyone.

I am having the same issue.

Anybody had it resolved ?
@eufy ???

I got my doorbell 1080p slim on dec 21 and i have the same issue.
Directly during installation i did update the firmware on both devices to:
Doorbel T8220 : 3.5.9
Chime: 2.1.2.2m_2.8

I tried everything: reboot router, changed WiFi channel, moved chime.
Nothing worked, live audio stutters, recordings are fine.
Wifi signal is excellent (test in app)

I dont want to return the doorbell, i hope Eufy solves this problem.
It must be software related because it looks like it worked fine for users who bought it earlier.
@eufy please solve this problem soon, otherwise i need to return it, even if i dont want that.

Add one more to the problem. When the visitor first rings the doorbell and starts talking, I hear them very clearly. As soon as I tap the phone button to respond, they hear me cleary, and I hear a very bad stutter and can’t understand them. This is a software problem the connection is solid and the test works the same way after 10 tries. I always hear the visitor perfectly after they ring the doorbell. Once I respond, it’s all stutter from the visitor.

I’ve chatted with support about this issue. They have instructed me to return the doorbell camera and will send me a replacement. I’ll update when that arrives and whether that was the actual issue (I have doubts). I pasted the link to this forum thread in each email and let them know lots of people have the same problem and that no one from eufy has commented on this forum thread. I believe it’s an overseas support team (my emails came in between 2-3am) . They never acknowledged my comments or the link to this forum.

Eufy support have gone quiet on me, they said 10 days ago they would get back to me within 3 days.
I’ve just emailed them again to see if there is any news. My software levels are below.
Bought Dec 2021

Doorbell : 2k battery T8210
Subsystem Version: 1.1.40-20210926
System Version : 5.1.9

Plugin Chime : HomeBase
Subsystem Version: 0.0.0.4
System Version : 2.1.2.2m_2.8

I’ve got the same issue with multiple doorbell cameras I installed the last week door family. After contacting Them I only got a solution of resetting and restarting which didn’t work as mentioned by others…

Unfortonately there’s nothing we can do beside mentioning it again and again…

I am in the same boat, only purchased the wireless 1080p doorbell and it is impossible to hear anyone who stands in front of my doorbell, if they are further back I can make out some words but not enough to have a conversation, playback works with no issues. @eufy please fix it! From what I see it’s been over a year!!!

Hi, I live in the Netherlands and Dec. Last year purchased the Eufy and Homebase 2 by Amazon Germany.
Went trough the installation procedure and finally tried it out, result was everything fine except the 2 way audio which you all experienced, retried it 4 times, wireless, cable etc.
Contacted the helpdesk and they just write/talk crap like “ we are working on a firmware update”, then “ there was a similar issue but that was solved last year”!!
I do not think that they are really busy with a solution. If there is anyone interested in the email exchange, you can have it.
The Eufy box is going back today to Amazon

Bought my Eufy doorbell and chime and installed yesterday. Logged in to the chat today to see if others had same issue and shocked to find the stuttering issue has gone on for as long as it has!

Anyone has any solutions, please suggest.

Doorbell System version 5.2.5, firmware comes up as up to date.

I’m also having the same issues as everyone else. I purchased 2x Eufy Video Doorbells with HomeBase2 just before Xmas 2021 and both doorbells have the same issue.

Both doorbells are running the latest firmware for both the video doorbell and the HomeBase2 as detailed below:

System Version : 5.4.2

Plugin Chime : HomeBase2
System Version : 2.1.8.5h

Come on @eufy - time to pull your finger out and address this known issue that has been ongoing for nearly 12 months now.

I have one question for all. In the set up you get the option to test the lens out for positioning the doorbell. I suppose the option was used?

Luc are you willing to do a total reset on one of yr. doorbells, reinstall it but skip the part of the lens/position test?
I remembered that the very 1st time I installed the doorbell I did not use the test an then the audio worked, I would have done it myself but returned mine yesterday to Ama.
Like to hear fm. you

Bought T8210 (v 5.4.2) 2 days ago with Homebase (v2.1.8.5), same as all above, jittering audio.
Tried everything and swapped it today for a new set.
Unfortunately same problems.
Tried the suggestion of mpvalkgo above, but no change.

Maybe i should keep replacing the devices as long as i still have warranty and see how Eufy appriciate the cost involved…

The silence of Eufy in this tread says enough…

I have my 2k doorbell in line of site of my home base 2, still can’t have a conversation through it. I have noticed, when I’m looking at the view, in the bottom right, it looks like the Wi-Fi symbol showing the speed, it’s all over the place, it goes 40kbs, to 300kb/s, back to 100 kb/s.

I’ve switched the Wi-Fi completely off on Router, No Dect phones near it, same fault erratic speed on the live view.

any help would be appreciated !,

My doorbell system version is 1.1.1.7 you have an older version maybe that is the problem try to update to 1.1.1.7 version system

I’m having the same issue here. T8210 version 5.4.2 and homebase 2 version 2.1.8.5h subsystem 1.3.0.9. Bought yesterday January 9th 2022.

The weird thing is, the audio on the doorbell side works fine and is clear. It’s just on the phone that the audio is breaking up. Why is the problem just one way?

I will try moving the homebase to another position and see if that fixes the issue. Will update with the results but I don’t have much confidence it’ll work when I see all the issue’s reported above.

same problem here. In live view the sound stutters. You cannot have a conversation with the stuttering.
Tried everything (fresh install etc), but nothing has worked.
Firmware 2.2.3.3.

Need a solution quickly.

Update,

Tried moving homebase to other places and resetting, fresh install but nothing worked for me. I’m returning the doorbell and getting a Ring instead.

Eufy support have suggested I return the unit, I see others have done so only for the replacement unit to have the same problems with 2 way audio.

My software levels are below, I noticed they have been updated in the last couple of days.

Subsystem Version: 1.1.40-20210926
System Version : 5.1.9 Now >>>5.4.2<<<

Plugin Chime : HomeBase
Subsystem Version: 0.0.0.4
System Version : 2.1.2.2m_2.8 Now >>>2.1.2.2m_2.9<<<

I am using the Eufy security app on my Android S10 phone, I’m curious, what are other users (Who report issues) using?
Android app v3.5.1_1159

I’ve found a workaround, its not ideal but it works. Press the phone button in the app when you want to talk and then press it again when you’re done, the audio will come through just fine. Just like a walkie talkie. Not ideal and really shouldn’t be necessary.

1 Like