Don't buy eufy security products!

Not sure why you are having so many issues. I have been using Eufy for at least a year or so and only have had server issues maybe three times. Your point about service, they have been pretty helpful but Eufy is pretty new in the security realm and has been helpful when there are issues. I can’t defend the slow updating and fulfillment of certain feature that were promised but there are very few companies that have a price similar without required cloud services.

1 Like

I’m not the only one having issues with these products, that’s for sure. Glad you’re having good luck, but frankly isn’t until you know something has happened but have limited or no record of the event(s) that it becomes clear just how unreliable these battery cameras actually are.

3 Likes

Did you find a better wireless camera system? I think the biggest thing for me is the option of non-cloud local recordings. Let us know if you find a better product.

Frankly I’m beginning to believe that wireless cams are only good as supplemental devices to be used in non critical areas and applications. More novelty than actual security.

5 Likes

You’re not wrong. The only way I can think of that would make these cameras reliable is constant use recording on a NAS. And wireless cameras would literally need a recharge every day under those conditions.

1 Like

I’m beginning to agree with OP. I bought the doorbell cameras with Homebase2, and I have had nothing BUT problems setting them up. The first one seemingly bricked itself (now that I’m reading this thread, I’m betting it was when I removed it from My Devices after it got stuck trying to access my wifi)…even the tech said that wasn’t supposed to happen and I got a replacement…that one is giving me similar issues. I wasted the better part of two days trying to get this thing to work…my time is too precious for that.

1 Like

Absolutely accurate review.
Support is very poor: no knowledge of product. I got an answer from the for one of my problems: “ Sorry for this and thanks for your understanding. ”
Just amazing how they can ruin their own business. I guarantee to post the worst , but truthfully bad reviews on every site that sells them.
Customer will vote with dollar bill. And not in your favor, Eufy

3 Likes

Cant say the same for me. I got my wired doorbell and unfortunately the mic was defective but they sent me a new one without hesitation. As a previous Ring owner I must say that these doorbell cams are superior in every aspect.

The motion detection is garbage. Only detects people walking across the sensor but not towards it.

1 Like

I have six cameras, 2 x EufyCam 2 and 4 x EufyCam 2c - two each on 3 x Homebase 2. I have twice removed cameras from a Homebase 2 and reinstalled on another one of my Homebase 2. The process worked faultlessly. All three Homebase 2s are connected by ethernet over Netgear Powerline adapters. Works brilliantly. Two of my cameras needed to be installed pointing parallel with the wall they were installed on. I couldn’t achieve that with the supplied Eufy mounts so bought a couple of excellent mounts from Amazon (so called KIWI design) that do the job perfectly with no visible screws.
I have noticed that if a camera is installed pointing down a narrow alley the nightime picture quality suffers. Something to do with IR spread I guess.
By far the greatest problem I have encountered is with geofencing. Big delays in switching either away from home or when I return home. Only have it on one iPhone SE 2020 with IOS 14.0.1 However, I suspect that geofencing may work far better if I have the Eufy Security app constantly open on the iphone. Similarly, if I leave home with the app not running it seems that if I open the app once I am well away from home this will trigger the geofencing to kick in. Still checking these suspicions.
Then the biggest moan is that the Eufy app for Mac OSX is pretty well useless. I understand that there is something called Catalyst that is available that enables developers to port an IOS app to OSX without too much bother so I wait in hope!
Having said all that, my six cameras are all working well and I am pleased with battery useage. If Eufy sort out geofencing and the Mac OSX app that would be just great!

1 Like

Please elaborate, Has this issue been fixed. I am thinking to move my camera to another account.

I’m personally upset with the homebase 2. I actually bought 18 eufy products to turn my home into a smart home and because I can’t connect my homebase to the app everything is useless. Tried two different homebases that came with my eufy battery cams but can’t do anything. I plugged it directly via cable into my Orbi router but nothing. It turns blue. It’s connected. When I scan the code with the app it sadly won’t connect.

It’s the only device in my home that won’t connect.

May be Obi router is too secure?

Sadly isnt the case. So I went and renamed the Orbi router because it had a . in it
THe Eufy homebase then connected.

Then it said it wanted a firmware update. I let it do its thing. Reached 99%, then it failed, then tried to connect to homebase again and it went back to saying unable to add homebase.

I can confirm the same, camera finally synced after many attempts but never worked as the other 3 cameras. I removed device and have never been able to sync again. Eufy support offered me -20% discount on my next purchase (laughable).

Since this point another camera has stopped working entirely. Out of 4 cameras only 2 are functional.

Eufy support has been terrible, will not be replacing any of these cameras…

I used to like Eufy products but after a firmware update to the 2c camera’s last September broke the system and Eufy support no help at all decided not to buy or promote this product anymore because of all the problems that they caused but cannot fix. If Eufy put so much effort into looking after existing customers as they do with all their sales pitch for new products then it would be worth buying but they do not and are leaving customers with unreliable gear, I do not trust Eufy security to monitor my home and as I cannot afford to scrap this system and get another manufacturers security products so I agree that the first poster evaluation of Eufy security system and apps are spot on.

Not sure why this got dug up …. But still … sounds about right.

I can also concur. Products are nice, software, support are garbage. Keep releasing new version, iterations, products that nobody asked for or want. They spam the app with referral crap, free gift crap, blah blah blah. Stop.

2 Likes

I haven’t had any problems in the past 9 months of using. Sucks to be you lol

I have had nothing but problems. In fact all but a functioning camera system and a long drawn out process of returning for a refund. Bought for a gift. Never again

1 Like