Doorbell ring on google home devices?

And u dont think amazon will protect there ring doorbell? Dont understand why there hasn’t been an anwser from eufy…

4 Likes

Yes, Yes, Yes — we need this. PLease Eufy we need GoogleHome Integrations.

1 Like

I’d 2nd this, but looks like I’d really be 60ing it. Anyway I don’t hold my breath for new features like this, but it would be ideal. I like my Eufy doorbell cam more than I thought. I avoided ring, arlo, and Google nest because of the fees. Very happy with Eufy but I have a nest hub and having to ask it to start streaming the doorbell cam after i hear it ring is not ideal. I have a couple of google home mini’s as well and would like to use them as chimes. So not holding my breath but hoping Eufy will add an update that automatically starts steaming the doorbell camera and chimes.

2 Likes

Same here, +1 for the native integration so that video and doorbell ring works on google

+1. Highly disappointed, Eufy.

2 Likes

I looked on Reddit and searched google and these issues existed a year ago. So a year has passed and other than empty promises, nothing has happened. So If they can not do some simple software update things in a year, why do we think they can do hard software things?

1 Like

I am a software developer and (Google Home) “fluid” applications are my hobby. There is not much to making something like that to work but I am pretty sure they do not want to pay for Dialogflow.

At least make it RING.

1 Like

Here is my vote for at least having a RING functionality on Google Home. Think about the profit of having a good amount of kudos on the internet for your brand and product. The development costs will pay itself back!

2 Likes

How has this not been added yet?

Well Eufy, if your monitoring this thread, I will buy one if.this feature is added.
However you had better get it sorted soon or give an indication of how long it will be because if I’m going to get a ring doorbell instead I may as well get Ring CCTV cameras and floodlights as well.
Your call, I’ll give you a few weeks to answer before I get my wallet out!

1 Like

At the risk of being treated as an echo rather than ANOTHER customer - eufy sort this out or explain the issue.

Communication in a community … Two way thing, eufy. We may as well all be talking to our living room walls…

You’re not even available on IFTTT to try that remedy…

A month is more than fair. Or I, for one, change security systems.

1 Like

Yeah I’m still waiting for this as well, would like my Google home mini as a chime, please sort this out!

1 Like

Good luck waiting for this. I just switched to the nest hello… must say… really like it so far.

The solution is to switch to Amazon’s echo devices. I had 7 Google Home devices and bought an echo dot for $15 and an echo show 5 for $30 to see what all the hubaba was about. And I must say that I’m impressed. Mind you not because of the voice recognition or free form knowledge (Google is much better in that department), but in everything else. So my home now is both a Google Home and Amazon Alexa home. Cause Eufy support is much better with Amazon’s Echo devices.

Thank you so much for everyone’s suggestion. Unfortunately due to the function limitation from the Google side, The feature of ringing the Google device is not available to 3rd party doorbell while Amazon echo does. We are actively communicating with the Google team and hope we can work together to make more advanced functions in the future.

4 Likes

If you have an ( Athom) homey you can now create flows. When someone is ringing you’re doorbel the Google home device give a sound / speech.
You can also send a thumbnail to you’re Google hub.

4 Likes

+1 need this feature please get it done Eufy!

1 Like

I purchased the Eufy doorbell on the understanding that Google integration was advertised as a working feature. I’m not happy to find this is not the case. So who do we complain to Google or Eufy?

2 Likes

This is just not good enough, everyone is buying your doorbell because it says on the box comparable with google.
Everyone should get a refund.

5 Likes

Just installed the battery powered 2k doorbell. Very disappointed that it doesn’t integrate with Google home devices. I’m not switching to the Amazon smart device ecosystem since I own many Google devices. False advertising is not the way to gain customers.

7 Likes