Eufy battery doorbell - constant sound lag / delay in playback

Same problem here. It has been terrible the last months up to the point where I can’t even get a connection to the doorbell. But when there is a person in front of my door, it’s impossible to have a conversation with them. Even a simple phrase as “I’ll get it in a second” can’t be heard by the mailman.

Did you get any update from customer support? I also have an audio lag in my recorded videos.

Nope. Customer support simply repeats the same story every time:

“Did you update?”, “Our engineers are working on it”, “Whatever”.

I have given up on Eufy ever fixing this. They simply don’t care.

1 Like

I am discussing this issue with them as well at the moment because it is really annoying. The only solution at this moment it to put the video quality to 1K, but then I could have bought a 1K doorbell (except the 1K doorbell only exists as a battery doorbell and the battery doorbell has a humming noise, so my only option is the 2K wired doorbell…).

EDIT: I just downloaded a 2K video recording from the doorbell to my Android device and once downloaded the audio and video were in sync when playing back the recording in another app. It seems it is an issue in the Eufy app or the connection with the doorbell when playing back video, but the actual recording itself seems to be okay.

Also got the same issue, takes way too long to connect to the doorbell away from home when on 4G. Tried changing the settings etc… still got the same problem.

I’M having the same problem. There is too long of a delay and then the person at the door cannot hear me. I’m ready to return and purchase Ring. When I initially read the reviews, I thought Eufy was a better product - but don’t know who wrote those reviews I read. I thought it was something I was doing wrong but after reading all these comments, it’s not me. Apparently Eufy is not concerned about fixing this.

2 Likes

I have an iPhone 11. Anybody there have any luck in improving the connection with the iPhone. There’s a delay in the notification when someone rings the doorbell and then there is no sound between the person at the door and me. Defeats the person of having this. And it sounds like Eufy is not responsive. So the only option is to give a bad review eat the cost which I’m not happy with and buy the Ring like I should have done to begin with. Reading the reviews, it made it sound like Eufy was a better produce.
Any other suggestions from someone?

1 Like

Same issues here with the 2K doorbell and a Homebase 2 connected via ethernet. The intercom is useless. They should at least roll back the video to 1080p or lower when the two-way audio is active. Usual terrible software implementations from these companies.

We have the same problem (battery doorbell)

• notice of a doorbell ring has a lag of a few seconds (I can live with that)
  • clicking on the notification to take me in to the app to view live simply stalls, doesn’t load. I close the app and go in again and still can’t connect. By the time I get connected the person is long gone. Usually take to 7 mins to resolve.

We love their cameras. We have a number of different eufy cameras on a few hubs (to account for the large property). We are des[we ate to retain the eufy doorbell but we may as well not have it as the live feed is completely ineffective.

Has anyone got any solutions?
The ‘streaming options” above are not on our app. I could put it on its own hub? Does that make a difference?

Any suggestions gratefully received

Kerri

I’m thinking of buying the Eufy 2K battery doorbell and saw the gadget show review that seemed to show the significant audio lag mentioned in this post.

Has this issue been addressed with an update? Or is it still an ongoing issue? On paper this doorbell looks ideal but this is the last sticking point that’s putting me off

Thanks
Jon