Eufy Indoor Cam 2K Pan & Tilt Review

Original Link:https://homekitnews.com/2020/05/29/eufy-indoor-cam-2k-pan-tilt/

Rey G: Eufy by Anker is releasing some very compelling home security cameras of late and the Indoor Cam 2K is no different. In this video, I’ll take a look at the Eufy Indoor Cam 2K Pan & Tilt , unbox, setup, and take a quick look at its HomeKit capabilities. This version retails for $49.99 with a non-pan & tilt version even more inexpensive at $39.99 ! Affordable HomeKit security cameras and they function well in the Apple ecosystem. One thing to note, as of this filming, the HomeKit functions are still in beta . The planned release will be in about a month but that schedule is an estimate as due to COVID-19, shipping times (hardware and software) may vary. It’s coming soon, and I, for one, am ready!

1 Like

I saw that review and the one from Lifehackster…good reviews.

Thanks for sharing @Mengdi

Misleading headline. They are affordable, yes but they are NOT HomeKit cameras. So it’s not known how well they will function in that arena.

As of right now, they are contending against wyze. At this price point. Features… still lacking compared to most competitors.

Need to stop advertising HomeKit when it’s not there. It’s just a $40 camera. Nothing sets it apart from the dozen other cameras in this category.

Can I pair my 2k pan cams with my home-base (not homebase2). It takes forever connecting and disconnecting everything separately.

2 Likes

Just bought the tilt & pan, and the 2k doorbell with homrbase 2. Surely you should be able to pair the tilt & pan to the homrbase?! Can’t seem to work out how to do it. Primarily so it cane use the same storage at the doorbell.

1 Like

The pan and tilt cam and the fixed one are not compatible with the homebase.
Many people are asking for this, but it probably won’t be added.