EufyCam 2 stops detecting and recording

That’s shame if they don’t fix it instead of releasing new products

Just got and installed 2 new 2c’s and have had this issues twice in under 24 hours. Will monitor but if it continues to happen they’ll be going back.

2 Likes
1 Like

I have to say lately it’s pretty allright , I don’t know how it comes

My cam has stopped detecting and stopped sending notifications. First 30 days were great. After a firmware update late in Oct 2020… no notifications and no detection. People have mentioned “cutting it off, then back on”. How do you do that? Not sure about off/on??? Thanks

1 Like

@chuckncsu
I believe they’re talking about using the camera settings to turn off and then turn on the camera.

Yes, as mentioned…you can turn the camera off and on in the settings of the camera.

Got exactly the same problem. I have 3xEufycam 2C, all worked great for 25 days, getting all notifications. I even recommended them to 2 other people (which they also bought) but 2 days ago it suddenly stopped recording and sending notifications. Not even 1 recording for the whole day. Turned them off and on (individually) then they worked. But this morning, again they stopped recording. There is plenty of space on my homebase, I can “live stream” from each camera, but if I go in front of them nothing happens. I did not altered the settings… I send an email to the support team, but I doubt they can fix this seeing the issues you guys have as well…

3 Likes

I have the same issues with my eufy 2c cameras. Worked great for five months and now are useless. Won’t pick up or record motion, I have to turn them off and on daily to get them to work. If this is the case then they are useless.
Seems to be after a recent update otherwise there shelf life is 5 months.

2 Likes

I had a complex schedule set up to shut cams down to avoid them triggering from the sun etc. not anymore! Once it’s working… don’t touch it! I even bought a keypad and got my other half to use it. It’s now in a drawer. Something happens when you switch modes . Does not matter what your settings are.

I have 2 2cs… they like to switch to the lowest spotlight setting.
I have 2 2pros… they like to switch to human only setting.

I live in Bellevue wa. Eufys home town. I welcome them to tear my system apart. Something is wrong.

1 Like

I really want the footage of all of us jumping and waving in front of our dead eufy cams. Screaming “WTF.”

Lucky for me I have a 10 year old camera system that is dead cold accurate. I have my vids.

1 Like

I swear to god, it stops everyday without any reason, all 3 cameras. In the morning I literally wave in front of my camera and nothing is happening! I have to turn them on and off, and they will work for some hours, but it is not certain how many hours. I was so satisfied with them 25 days, working flawlessly, now they don’t record anything!!

Reply from Eufy:

Dear Alex,

Thanks for contacting eufy customer support.

Sorry to know your eufyCam 2C cameras don’t detect motion. Sorry to have to ask this, but could you please try the following troubleshooting ideas?

–Please make sure the system was not turned to Disarmed. Security>Disarmed mode

–Please change the camera working mode as a customized recording with minimum retriggering interval to see how it works. Here are the steps: My device>Camera Name>Camera Settings>Power Manager>Cutomized Recording

–Please restart the Homebase from the app to see how it works? Here are the steps: Side menu>My device>Homebase name>Homebase Settings>Restart Device

–Remove the camera from app and re-add again to see if the issue still persists

If the issue still persists, please help to provide us with the following information for further analysis:

–The serial number of the camera. You may check it on the camera or the app(My deivce>Associated camera>Camer Settings>Device info>Serial number).

• -A screenshot of your order invoice/details
    – Your current shipping address

Again, I sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience caused. We do attach great importance to your case and hope to make this right for you as soon as possible.

Awaiting your reply so we can further move on.

1 Like

Next you get is a shot from your cam , so they can check height and things like that , just from look8ng from your picture , they reply the same to 3verybody looks like .

Same problem here cameras going back!

happens to me randomly too. everything looks good but not triggering. playing live feed or changing security mode seems to fix it until next time

Just bought the Eufy Pro…seems like I have the same situation. Detection is selective. Not what I thought I was buying. I like most of the rest of the system though the Alexa notification could better integrated. I’ll test it for a few more weeks and return it if it doesn’t detect regularly.

The root cause and solution of the camera stop recording, I have been using eufy 2c for several months, and have encountered the same problem as you. Later, I finally found that if you enter the watch history page and you do not completely exit to the main page, then The camera will stop motion sensing and recording, because the camera defaults that you are still watching the recorded page, so after watching the video recording, you must return to the main page so that your camera will continue to work, which is also considered a Small BUG (After closing the APP directly on the viewing record page, the camera will no longer sense and record motion)Hope this helps everyone

1 Like

The root cause and solution of the camera stop recording, I have been using eufy 2c for several months, and have encountered the same problem as you. Later, I finally found that if you enter the watch history page and you do not completely exit to the main page, then The camera will stop motion sensing and recording, because the camera defaults that you are still watching the recorded page, so after watching the video recording, you must return to the main page so that your camera will continue to work, which is also considered a Small BUG (After closing the APP directly on the viewing record page, the camera will no longer sense and record motion)Hope this helps everyone~~~~~~

2 Likes

I recently bought the Eufy 2C cam kit and am having exactly the same problem as everyone else. The cameras are fine for a while, but then randomly stop detecting and recording events. This is unacceptable for a security solution. I’ve tried many things like increasing sensitivity and detection zones etc. turning cameras on and off regularly, but they have yet to detect and record for a full day without seemingly stopping their primary function - detection! Unless this problem is fixed quickly, I’ll be returning these cameras for a full refund…

1 Like

Same issues here with 2c…

1 Like