EufyCam 2 stops detecting and recording

Hi, I generally do not post, however this started happening to me in the past few weeks. It has been working well since January 2020 and then started missing events in a big way. I liked Xunkai_Yang post and will have to try that, however I am wondering if it’s related to what I have noticed.
Just to add to any other troubling shooting going on, I noticed that each time there was a missed event, I fiddled with the app to see what was going on and it started responding to events as expected. I am starting to think that the unit goes into hibernation, not sleep, if not activated by motion or touching the app for a period of time, thus forcing it to wake up. To add validity to this, on the last missed event I went directly to motion detection, in the app, and attempted to switch it to “all motion” from “human only”. Three pushes on the “all motion” button nothing, then an error message in the app, then the forth push it changed. I put it back to “human” (switched without issue) and the camera started responding to events as I would expect. I do have a support case open and will post if anything meaningful comes of it. I am also testing out an entirely wire-free and internet free camera option. Eufy was my first security camera purchase, I really do not like that an ISP issue or if Efuy servers go down (or get updated, really?) my camera stops recording and becomes a nice wall decoration.

1 Like

About 25 days before it fails seems right. My camera basically go to sleep every night now and only starts again after I fiddle with out in the morning. The description by Xunkai_Yang does not work for me. I watched the camera, closed the app when watching and walked in front of it and NADA. It only works when I play it live, reset the motion, reboot the home base. Something arbitrary, this changes everyday! How can this be a security device when so many ppl are experiencing the same problem!

1 Like

This is the same issue…camera shuts off at night, around 10 / 10:30 PM and does not come on until I tap on it, or push the button (sometimes jiggling it works, some times I need to tap the button). Believe this is a software issue. I hope Eufy takes notice of this and fixes it, otherwise mine are going back.

Whooo… I just bought the duo pack and having the same issue. it’s been a long time this was first posted

We bought the wired doorbell camera a few days ago, and ended up returning it because it had the exact same issues. It would miss people and vehicles, yet it would record shadows of clouds and trees, and then there was the snow day, it literally kept recording snow! Yet still would not record people and vehicles 10 feet away. It is a shame, I liked that there were no fees and the picture quality was amazing, but we need a security camera that actually works as intended.

Same issue, really wish I had seen this thread before I bought my 2c kit last week. Motion detection is incredibly unreliable. Kit is going back

1 Like

I have the same problem - I have a wireless doorbell and a 2Pro camera. The doorbell is fine but the camera has recently started to have the same issues as you all. What we have found is that if we don’t watch an event video, the camera continues to work correctly. However if we watch a video, the camera then will not record any motion. We can watch the live feed from the camera but nothing is recorded. So we then switch off the motion detection on the camera and then switch it back on again. This seems to sort it out. But it’s not satisfactory at all. I’m waiting for Eufy to get back to me - I’ve gone through their troubleshooting suggestions with no remedy - so will see what the have to say now. So frustrating…

My EufyCam2’s are acting up too. I have one that has stopped detecting motion. The other one is now detecting motion but with limited range. It was picking us up going to and from the mailbox now it barley detects 20 ft in front of it. I’ll try turning motion off and back on and see what happens. Live feed still works on both cameras. Did try restarting the Homebase but that didn’t help.

1 Like

same. eufy 2 camera only detecting likr 10% of thr time and push notifications not showing up. constantly this week. tried everything no help

Mine have seem to corrected themselves, all I did was clean the lens with a eyeglass cleaner wipe.

I have Eufy 2C and it missed an intruder who stole purse and headphones out of car in my garage, at night. I tested it and it did not pick me up either, at night. Frustrated that it missed picking up what I bought it for!

I own the Eufy 2C Pro along with my brother who has the same set-up. Coincidentally, we both had the same issue on the same day with one camera. The video was still working but would not record motion no matter what. I restarted the base unit which resolved my motion recording issue (for now), my brother re-paired his camera which again has resolved his. A little concerning based on the fact these are meant to be security cameras. It sounds like a firmware issue but has been going for some time. looking at the comments. I might look at doing a scheduled reboot (wall switch) if it repeats itself again. Think I will install my Hikvision 4k now and keep using Eufy as a secondary backup.

I have eufys solo cam L40 and it was fine for first few days, then needed restarting every 2 nights… currently need to do it every evening :roll_eyes:

Good morning
I read all the posts and see that I am not alone with this problem. In my case, the camera often does not record events.
I have two cameras, eufycam2.
Sorry for my english, i use google translate, i’m from poland.
For me it helps to reset the base station.

1 Like

Hello, I was just wondering if your L40 problem as been figured out as the L40 is the camera that I was looking to try and find to purchase?

Same issue here. I just got two eufycam 2 about a week ago and they suddenly stopped motion detecting and sending notifications. In that week, I was getting +100 motion/notifications (high traffic area) and all of a sudden no more motion detection nor notifications. I don’t think a good security system should need to be restart it, it defeats all purposes. Certainly bad system!

I’ll try it for another week, otherwise I’ll return them.

1 Like

Yes!! Mine were recording but delayed. No notifying and I go to check I have 20 from the morning when it’s 6Pzm. Now I’m getting nothing!

I’m seeing the same issue with my EufyCam 2C Pro, since Friday I’m receiving perhaps only one notification per day, whereas I’d usually have at least a dozen of detections.

Nov 2021, having same issue with the Eufy 2K Pro cams. It was working fine for few weeks, i’ve turned it off and on to no avail. Going to try to remove the device now.

This is ridiculous, if these security cams can’t be relied upon then these are more useless than garden gnomes. It has one job! Very disappointed with this so far.

The youtubers really need to revisit and use these products thoroughly for extended periods of time before recommending them.

1 Like

I have same problem, not recording and not notify me, need restart device, this only solution