EufyCam 2 stops detecting and recording

Hi,

I have had the system with 3 pro cameras since June of this year.

On the 13th of November, I went away with work and the system was set to armed.
I received motion events up to November 24th. From the logs of the app, all 3 cameras received an automated update on that date. After, no more notifications were sent.

I was away considering I am fully protected.

Arriving home on November 28, I found the house was broken into and missing belongings in the total value of over 8000 Euro.

One of the cameras was in front of the window used for breaking in. The cameras and system were listed as working and armed in the app. I retested by moving in front of them, then jumping, then running. No alarms or notifications were triggered.

After a whole system reset, they started working.

So in conclusion, all ok before Nov 24. Then automated update to all cameras, then they stopped, although they were being listed as working.

What good is a video security system if it breaks so easily? Why I cannot turn off automated updates? Why I did not get notified at least that an update occurred?

What can I do in this case, clearly the 30 days guarantee are long gone, and so are my possessions in far greater value …

This is an official police criminal case, and I would like an official address from Eufy to send legal notice and press charges.

Regards,
Alexandru

1 Like

I’ve had this issue, I used the feedback form in the app a couple of days ago and I got a response this morning apologising and they’ve advised a beta firmware is available which they can send to my homebase.

I’ve asked them to send it so I’ll advise if it makes a difference. I’m using the 2 pro camera.

I have the same problem guys!!

I own the Eufy indoor 2k camera and stops recording or detecting anything after one or two days, if I reset the camera, it starts working again!

I´ve wrote Eufy and will keep you informed…

Meanwhile, maybe we can discover how to automatically reset the camera every day using google assistant for example?

It´s a very primary solution but maybe it works… :slight_smile:

Same problem here

Yesterday installed 2 cam 2 + 2K doorbell and rear camera live own live and not trigger always for human

Tried detection to 7
Tried active zones
Try on off
Try full reset cam

Still problems

Eufy give me quide and looks done the trick:

For battery-powered cameras, please change to customized recording camera working mode with 5s retriggering intervals: Camera Settings>Power Manager;

Will follow test

I had Arlo for 10 years and now I decide to change to EUFY due to no subscription but looks like all those CCTV have now and than issue …

2 Likes

Anybody able to find a fix for this issue? Bought 3-2C Pro’s in March and they worked great up until about a week ago and they’re now missing events left and right.

I’ve had 2 2C cameras and my doorbell working fiine for almost 12month, today I noticed that nothing has recorded for the past 2 days. I can live view ok and I can playback the recorded videos, but when ever I try to change any of the camera settings I get an error ‘Unable to connect to homebase (-3)’ , but live view is working, so the cameras are connected to the homebase. I have reset the homebase a few times and it makes no difference. I really don’t want to have to remove the cameras and try to pair them up again incase the pairing failes and then even live view will not work, it’s also a pain to get to the cameras as I need to use a ladder.

We’re having similar problems. Any luck with a solution?

Any solutions?

Wow! What was the end result of your situation?

I suspect my problem was an ISP DNS issue.
I noticed I was getting some random DNS resolution failures and my kids Nintendo Switch could not connect to the internet and it was complaining about DNS resolution. The rest of my network was fine, streaming services were working and my VPN connection to work was stable.

Setting DNS to point to 8.8.8.8 instead of my ISP DNS servers got the Nintendo Switch working. I reset my Homebase again and this time I was able to change my camera setting and my recording for the past 2 days also showed up. So motion detection was working and recording to the Homebase, but I was not getting notifications and I could not access the recordings. This means that the Homebase must need to connect to a Eufy server so I can access my local recordings. I do not use Eufy cloud services and all recording are stored locally on the Homebase so I wander why the Homebase needs to connect to a Eufy server for me to access local recordings or change any camera settings. The Homebase must have been connected to the internet as I was able to live view my cameras remotely via my phones cellular network, but it must have had some issue connecting to a eufy server/service that was stopping me from accessing saved local recordings or changing camera settings.

Unfortunately I still don’t see a solution here.
I have the same problem.
I have three cameras; 2x “Uefycam 2” and 1x the “Video Doorbell 2K (Battery-Powered)”, which I wired.

This appears at random cameras and times.

I regularly notice that nothing has been recorded. Then when I turn the camera off and on in the app, it starts seeing and recording motion again.

Why doesn’t Eufy come up with a solution?

Just a theory. I’m not an expert. I have the original cams . I’ve had the same problem and have been trying to figure out for some time now. Enough interference may not knock your wifi offline completely but it will scramble the motion sensors. If you live in the city or highly populated areas, odds are interference is everywhere. Home alarms systems, old electronics, old appliances etc. Not to mention your neighbor’s wifi and wireless cameras too. Then there’s keyfobs, yup those too. Download a free wifi analyzer app and observe how congested wifi traffic from your neighbor’s wifi’s are. You will likely see allot of bouncing around, that’s interference. If my theory is correct, then these cameras are almost pointless in most cities and suburbs.

I also have same problem with my s330 cam 3 camera. I have 4 and the problem is with one of them and occasionally 2. It doesn’t notify or record after sitting all night no matter what the settings. I read this entire thread and it seems the problem is pretty consistent. When I turn the camera off and on, or change modes, it seems to come back to life. Almost like it goes in to a sleep mode for some unknown reason. I have been dealing with email support since 2 days after buying this system which was about 3 weeks ago. Same generic suggestions from them like “change to all motions” etc. that’s not a fix and it doesn’t work. They have no clue it seems how to fix this. I really like this system and want it to work. I still have my 4 Arlo cameras up and running and this helps calm my nerves a bit for now. Many have this issue only on 1 camera which is interesting.

The camera that usually seems to go to sleep usually works during the day but not in the morning after sitting all night. I can see the spot light come on when motion is detected but no notification and no recording. Activity zones seem to make no difference. I may try the customized mode to see if this helps. I believe this can be fixed but they don’t seem to have any sense of urgency since this issue is many years old. Any updates?

I have the Homebase 3 and 2x the S330. I have tried everything, one of the cameras does not record anything. I tried all the settings, reinstalled the cameras and the base - it works 1-2 days, after that I don’t get push notifications, nor do they record videos. This is really a problem that many have, the camera is worth nothing with it, it is useless. Does anyone else have an idea (except to buy other cameras).