Expanding storage space homebase 2

Is there yet a way to expand that storage on the home base 2? Any info would be nice. Thank you.

5 Likes

Unfortunately nope, we will launch HB3 next year with eufyCam 3, which storage space can be expanded.

But this is not the commitment, just FYI. I cannot say there will be no risk on delay or no risk on feature not delivered.

Let’s hope they are on track:)

3 Likes

Aside from the fact that it was promised and this is not very nice of the PR department, will the alarm kit and existing eufycam 2’s be compatible with it? Also: will the homebase 3 be sold seperately for those that want to upgrade their homebase 2?

2 Likes

Not sure yet

So this means no expandable storage options for Homebase 2 in horizon. I purchased my Eufy products based on this promise.

5 Likes

Where did you get this information?

To be fair, it is stated on the help page of the eufycam 2 / 2c section:

So that’s as far as ‘direct evidence’ goes. I read numerous posts of people receiving emails from support stating it would be possible in some form (just an USB-drive, or eufy dongle).

10 Likes

I just purchased a 4 camera kit based on the info on the Australian website that it has USB-A (future release) storage expansion, which I assumed meant it was close to being released. Obviously not, going by this thread. Looks like I may be returning this kit, and not recommending to my family and neighbours if I can’t expand the storage capacity.

4 Likes

I too am in Australia. I am ready to bundle up my spotlight Cam, 4 x Cam2, 2 home bases and the 2k wireless doorbell to all go back for a refund…coupled with a case lodged with “Choice” for their annual dodgy awards and ACCC for product misrepresentation. Google support and external storage were 2 key decision criteria for selection and Eufy does neither despite indicating that they do.

2 Likes

Yes not impressed. I just bought more cameras to expand my system and then saw this. I’ll have to look at whether this is false advertising

Camera 2C and Homebase 2 is Still still being advertised on the amazon site with Homebase 2 local USB storage coming soon…

4 Likes

I am sure that there is advertising and trading standards in most countries that will accept that expanded memory becoming available is a promise and if broken then those purchasing it may be die a refund if that’s not met. Should customers be offered a free exchange to a new model of base station to allow memory expansion?

I also bought with the expansion being a coming soon option. Not impressed. Hopefully the or dept. person is incorrectly informed and extra storage IS coming.

Don’t get your hopes up, I wish Eufy would fix (not update with new stuff) the software for current product and then they can mess around with HB3 all they want.

The usb expansion has been on the “to do list” for over a year now with the “coming soon” response every time someone asked.

I use to like the idea Eufy was going for, now I’m making the best out of a bad financial decision.

Yup as mentioned don’t get your Hopes up been promised, mention officially in support and on adds etc and now we getting told this. Sad as I was happy and willing to invest more but now stick to what I have an start looking elsewhere, given me more reason to test a reolink system.