False alarm when switching to night mode

I’ve had my wired Eufy video doorbell installed for 4-5 days and everything seems to work fine except every night at the same time, I get a false alarm when the doorbell switches to night vision mode. It doesn’t happen in the morning when it switches back to regular/ color mode. I’ve rebooted the doorbell a couple times, made sure firmware was up to date, messed with sensitivity settings, etc. Anyone else had this issue or know of a fix?

3 Likes

Having the same issue with my 2C cameras. When switching to night mode it triggers the alarms! Did not happen before the firmware and app updates!

2 Likes

Same problem here with my 2C

1 Like

Same here with my indoor 2K cams (also triggers motion detection in HomeKit).

1 Like

Glad to know it isn’t just me, but still frustrating to deal with. Also nice to know it happens with the 2C cams as well… I was thinking about adding a few of those but I may hold off until this issue has been addressed.

I think explains why my alarm went off for no reason yesterday around the switching time. I was confused as to the reason.

1 Like

Same by me on my eufycam 2c.
Every night.

1 Like

Surely they can temporarily turn off the notification when switching. Otherwise this is really annoying.

Can you confirm if the camera is close to a wall or another object which is reflecting when switching modes and triggering an event? My indoor cam is not doing this anyway.

This never happened before the updates!

2 Likes