Feature Request - Delete Videos after x hours/days

Use Case: Video surveillance for a company building
Of course no problem. But we have to fullfil European Law (GDPR / DSGVO)

Therefore, I would like to raise a feature request which automatically deletes videos older than X hours / days from the local box. - Maybe an automation task could do it. -

I am sure many smaller companys would love that feature and would give them the ability to use those cams in compliance.

Thx!

2 Likes

We have the same requirements for the building of our cultural society - When I called the support hotline 3 months ago, they told me that this is on the road map.

I, unfortunately, could not find any information on that or the official road map.

For us this feature is essential - Our current solution is to delete everything manually by wiping the card every other week. Which is quite suboptimal :smiley:

1 Like

Is there any update on this feature? If not then we might have to consider switching to a different product :frowning:

1 Like

I fully support this feature request. Having security cams in the Netherlands under GDPR is not easy due to privacy protection. Having an option that automatically deletes recordings after 24 hours is certainly a thing that makes the difference between legal or not.

2 Likes

Same here.
It is such a low hanging fruit, I can’t believe it is not done yet.

I already had a long discussion about this with the support - they do not understand that is is law in Europe.

+1

This makes it easier to manage to limited 16GB storage on the Homebase 2.

please implement auto-delete old records. we need it.