Geofencing + Scheduling/recording at night while home

The most crazy thing about this is that the forum moderators don’t even say nothing. That shows a lot about the company itself. In the meanwhile, I replace all my cameras since being irresponsible and quiet is easy. It’s unbelievable that a company does not say anything, do anything… A lot of my reviews are on YouTube for all to see. Shame on you!

5 Likes

+1 for me as well. This would be a great addition. It’s been 1-1/2 years since the original suggestion. Let’s get on it Eufy!

7 Likes

Essential, as we have a cleaner and must disable when they visit, but otherwise Geo is wanted. Basically, it should be Geo, but when that switches to Away, it should enable the schedule.

4 Likes

Hello. Now it is almost a year later.
Is now finally clear when we can expect the integration of geofencing with the schedule?
Eufy you cannot leave your customers empty handed.

2 Likes

I still can’t believe this hasn’t been done yet. Stop releasing new hardware without having fixed the software!!!

5 Likes

OMG! I Can’t believe this isn’t a feature :rage:

I’ve switched from a perfectly functional BlueIris system only to find this doesn’t have simple features. Might return it I think. Shame, I bought the doorbell etc also :pensive:

5 Likes

There must be a fundamental reason why this has still not been implemented as it seems like a trivial change to make that they would have included in the original feature.
It sounded like they’re still working on getting geofencing to work reliably and in fact it’s still marked as an experimental feature. I wonder whether the reasoning might be that while the feature is still “experimental” it cannot be integrated with other auto modes (schedule) because it’s a security system so they need to guarantee a level of stability with anything not clearly marked as experimental…? If that is the case then hopefully once they’ve “fixed” it (??) it will then be fully integrated as well…?
I suspect there is a similar argument for why they don’t have 3rd party mode API integration as well (IFTTT, for instance) because they don’t want to leave the security of their customers vulnerable to 3rd parties being compromised.

Very frustrating though that the UI gets a refresh but this is still not done X years later.

1 Like

I see that this was estimated to be ready in Q4 2020.

It could be added in two ways. Add Schedule as a mode when at my home in geofencing or add Geofencing as mode under schedule.

A progress update would be appreciated

4 Likes

Just came across this thread as I was waiting on chat to ask how to set up on the system I just purchased. Now I get why I couldnt figure it out. Without this important feature is this truly a security system? Frustrating

2 Likes

This is a no brainer, I’m shocked we can’t already do this.

3 Likes

Ha wow like eufy even cares about any of us complaining about this. Year upon year passes they update there ui but not this. pretty much should just count on this never being a feature! There is an easy way to work around it though. Just sell the cameras and buy any one of the competitors brands that has this feature. I.e arlo.

4 Likes

+1 on this thread. this feature is pretty obvious and important.

2 Likes

Had the system for a few weeks now and would like to start configuring some advanced settings… 100% need Geofencing and Scheduling to be enabled at night time. Otherwise we’re getting a ridiculous number of alerts while around the house. Please add this feature asap :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My camera keeps dinging away because I’ve hung the washing out!
It also goes off at 5am when the heating kicks in and steam comes out of the vent.
I saw the ‘schedule’ and thought ‘perfect - I can reduce sensitivity during the day or just turn notifications on overnight’ but no, seems all I can do is stop recording during the day (which seems pretty pointless as doesn’t hurt to record the washing :roll_eyes:) or turn the alarm on (to scare the washing away perhaps)
This extra schedule ability seems like such a basic, fundamental feature I cannot believe it doesn’t exist somewhere.
The geofencing then seemed like the best option - no notifications when I’m home, but alert if away…. But obviously I’m at home overnight, and again seems like such an obvious flaw in the system functionality.

Why is no-one from eufy replying, given a fix was meant to go live in 2020?!!

3 Likes

Definitely waiting for this. Had Arlo before and it was a great feature. Given the timeline of responses on here why has there been no update from Eufy ?

4 Likes

Hello EUFY? Any updates ??

3 Likes

Hello

New user of eufy product … I agree that this is a missing feature,
Use case :
being able to enable the external alarm/Camera at night and none during the day when you are at home and Disable all when you are out
Thanks

2 Likes

geofencing seems a great feature but why oh why can I not schedule it, So instead of picking home I pick geofencing.

Basically during the night I want it act as I’m away, so cameras record and notification are sent, but during the day I want to flip between home and away based on geofencing… Simples…

I understand this is more complex then it initially seems, but the competition are doing it!

At some stage your SHOULDS have to become MUSTS.

Any likelihood we will see this function in the future?

4 Likes

Hi dear developers!
We need to schedule geofencing during day and away during night. When will be ready?? It’s necessary to create a comfortable and efficient security system!!
Thanks in advance

3 Likes

Any update… Still waiting

2 Likes