Google nest hub and Eufy video doorbell

After having purchased both the Google video hub (gen 2) and the the wireless Eufy video doorbell, with the expectation of full interface compatibility, I find this to not be the case.
There are 2 main issues…

1. The doorbell does not trigger the Google hub to display the doorbell video when bell is activated.
  2. I’m finding a 25 sec delay on the video hub when I manually activate the doorbell video on the hub which makes it somewhat useless.

I have a strong wifi signal and have tried numerous things to rectify, however without success. The Eufy doorbell does advertise on its product to be fully Google compatible!

Is there any fix on the horizon? I like both systems, however like many relationships there seems to be a lack of good communication between the two!

3 Likes

I have the same issue and hope the mods will answer.

Same issue here… When I ask google to show me the front door, there is a 5 second delay before a white screen with the Eufy logo shows up for another 10 seconds, then goes to a blank screen and shows a loading signal for another 5 seconds, before the camera finally goes live. All up about a 20 second delay. This is with strong wifi signals on both the Google nest and the Doorbell.

Also not having an auto show/ notification on google devices is very frustrating and redundant.

BTW after this frustration, I bought an amazon echo device after reading from Eufy that it is “more compatible”, but the chime and notification delays are completely out of Sync. Would like to see a response from Eufy.

Same problem. Eufy please fix this. You claim to be Google compatible.

Same here. Google Nest hub and Nest hub max. Both take so long to load. Initially bought both devices with excitement on them working really well, has not been the case.

I talk so well about both devices to friends and family when I show them but it’s clear the amount of time it takes to load is just downright embarrassing. Which I share with all who ask me about them. One of the biggest draw backs by far!

Nest Hub stand-alone - awesome!

Eufy security system - awesome!

Now the 2 combined, might as well be on opposite sides of the world.

Where you at Eufy!? What say you?