I'm Done Here! Returning!

Good for you!

2 Likes

I was told by support that the update that was recieved on the 13th was not the one that was supposed to fix my issues. They don’t say what issues as I reported several. They still say 1-2 months. They should have told me that when I asked about waiting for an update before I returned everything.

1 Like

Bummer. Took me a couple weeks to dial in settings for my configuration and that period was pretty frustrating but it’s been working like a charm for a month now after the initial trial and error setup.

Even changing your motion sensitivity by one notch can make a night and day difference.

Good luck. From my research prior to picking eufy it seems every competitor has their problems too. Eufy worked for me.

2 Likes

The harder I look there is a possibility I’ll be back. That is if things improve. I can’t commit to anything right now. As you said everything out there has some kind of issue. It’s finding the ones you can live with.

1 Like

Good luck hunting @jmiller148 hope you find something that you can live with. :+1:

2 Likes

Just if you all wanna keep up on upcoming Anker products line with FCC patents pending here’s the Anker FCC Link 2AOKB

Gives in depth technical data for those whom wish to know.

1 Like

Yeah I saw the post. That kinda stuff interest me. Thanks

They have been so focused on getting a bunch of new products out that they have let this community go downhill from what it used to be about 2 to 3 months ago. They are focusing on the hardware and letting the software side of Eufy suffer. I.e. EVERYONE is asking for IFTTT or SmartThings integration and a host of other software updates and we get no reply.

1 Like

The most important thing at this point is 2FA seeming that there was a mass hack today on Twitter with a bitcoin scam.

1 Like

I broke down today and we are going to try Nest Hello. The wife was pushing for it and most people seem happy with it. I will let you know what we think after we have had it a while. If we really like it I see us getting a Nest IQ. I just don’t like needing the power supply. Maybe they know you can’t really have a good camera on battery only. ???

I’ve also been looking at Reolink. Again there’s bitching about it, but a lot less than here.

1 Like

@jmiller148 if you can find a used or cheap battery backup. It’s worth plugging into that so it always has power. I am interested to see what you think with the Nest.

I have my homebase and internet modem/router plugged into it so if power goes out ever I always have a feed. An the replacement cost for the internal batter is like $30 bucks only had to do it once so far in the 10 years I’ve had it.

That sounds like a good idea.

@jmiller148 you can do the same thing on the nest. You will have to purchase one of those wall plugs that they can use with the nest hello. An then just connect it to the battery backup.

1 Like

Hi I had the Reolink Argus 2 before getting eufycams and the battery doesn’t last anywhere near as long as Eufycam. The camera needed charging around 5-6 weeks ( not heavy usage) and the mount (screw in) wasn’t very stable for keeping camera in place the tightening screw seemed to loosen and the camera view would be different. Picture was good and motion detection ok. I find Eufycam are better but I have had problems with them not recording or saving the recording of they have recorded. I’ve also had an issue with my schedule was supposed to be in “home” mode and it was disarmed even though the schedule was clearly in home mode. I’ve had to clear and set a new schedule and restart home base.

1 Like

Thanks for the information about the Argus. I had plenty of problems with Eufy. I was telling the wife yesterday that maybe our expectations are just too high. Eufy was our first security/camera devices.

This is my first as well. I tried a ring for all of an hour and just had horrible image that I just took it back.

So far we are fairly impressed with the Next Hello. 24 hours in so we will see.

2 Likes

Agree with most of the comments, the Ring image quality lacked, the Reolink battery life lacked, and there’s not enough time to even start on all the Arlo problems. So far the the best battery / wireless cam found is Eufy but would like to hear if you find a better outdoor cam. I’ve just got a couple which are working OK so will keep trying them while the search continues…

2 Likes

Nest products are really good. I have two nest outdoor cameras and an indoor IQ camera. If you are going to invest in outdoor cameras get the IQ outdoor camera - the image quality is excellent.

Just make sure you have a good internet connection for uploads as Nest cameras are known to continuously drop connection. I had this issue until I bought a mesh network and not had a drop out since.

I feel your frustration with Eufy - it could be such a good product if they wanted it to be.

I have a couple of 2c cams in my yard along with the nest outdoor cameras. It’s amazing how much the eufy cameras miss when footage is compared to nest.

Just bear in mind that the notification lag is what let’s nest down. It isn’t uncommon for there to be a 10/15 lag between events and the notification.

2 Likes

I’ve been seeing forums talk about the lag. So far I have not had that, but I’m sure it will sneak up on me. Thanks for the information.

1 Like