I'm Done Here! Returning!

To be honest, I’d rather have a 10/15 lag and know I’ve got the footage than not have any footage at all.

3 Likes

lol I was expecting a important package the other day. The cam never showed any delivery I called up the company complaining. They showed a delivery early that morning. When I went out late that night to put out the garbage the package was right under the cam. Sad.

5 Likes

Well after a few days with the Nest Hello we are very happy with it. Yes it has a subscription for the good stuff, but we feel it’s worth it. The camera picks up everything (97%). It gets squirrels, lightning, sounds and kids on a bike I can barely see. Notifications are only what I want based on zones that work. Zones do not deter it from picking up but instead determine if you want to get notified or not. Notifications are based on packages, people, motion or sound. Image quality is not quite as good as Eufy, but overall it’s a 90-95 percent better experience. So far no lags in notifications.

2 Likes

Yep. Great products. Glad you love it. Try the Nest Outdoor IQ if you need a top quality outdoor camera.

2 Likes

Honestly I got a bundle on a Homebase, doorbell battery 2k and eufy 2 pro for $300. An to be honest the overheating notices have gone away finally. An the battery life on the doorbell is alright. As I had to recharge it but it had detected over 3500 movements and the battery was still at 38%. Just charged it up in a few hours and threw it back on. Still debating rewiring to the transformer.

I had purchased a 2 Pro bundle but took it back because I couldn’t use a second home base as a second chime as hoped etc. So sent that and my former doorbell back for this bundle because the doorbell was faulty rom trying to wire it up. Confirmed voltage on my multimeter and everything.

So I’m just checking in and got this Notice:

Hello,

This is an automated message from Eufy Security Collective to let you know that your post was hidden.

https://communitysecurity.eufylife.com/t/im-done-here-returning/240590/31

Your post was flagged as spam : the community feels it is an advertisement, something that is overly promotional in nature instead of being useful or relevant to the topic as expected.

Multiple community members flagged this post before it was hidden, so please consider how you might revise your post to reflect their feedback. You can edit your post after 10 minutes, and it will be automatically unhidden.

However, if the post is hidden by the community a second time, it will remain hidden until handled by staff.

For additional guidance, please refer to our community guidelines.

So apparently it was my post on making you all aware on a major security flaw within windows 10. That took them 17 years to correct. So if you haven’t done your updates regularly. I recommend you do on all internet connected devices.

Just made me laugh to see that of everything I’ve said that was flagged as spam. Though it’s relevant and relates to the security of users etc.

2 Likes

@Haadsecure probably the admin or some fanboy. No worries but I get to whomever they didn’t think it’s relevant to there product or whatever but essentially it is if your using RTSP or those type services. Not worried on being silenced. Just makes you wonder.

2 Likes

Everyone’s got problems. This isn’t an apples-to-apples comparison, but I have the Nest thermostat and Google Home. They integrate pretty well. I can say, “Hey Google, set thermostat to 72 degrees” and a bunch of other commands, and it will work great. But if I want the fan to turn on for 15 minutes (it’s a Nest thermostat feature), then I either have to open the Nest app on my phone or walk to the thermostat. I cannot activate this with voice command.

It used to work. When Nest had IFTTT integration. Google killed IFTTT integration on August 31, 2019. Well, officially, Google killed new connections via Works With Nest but allowed old connections to still work (grandfathered in, so to speak). Anyway, unless you’ve been using IFTTT with Nest prior to August 31, 2019, then you cannot add it after that date. Now, the only way to turn on the fan via voice is … believe it or not … through Alexa.

I don’t know why this isn’t available through Google Home in the first place. It’s been nearly a year since they disabled this and still not fixed.

I’ve been using Nest thermostat since 2015. It’s mostly great, but the engineering and the support you get from Nest/Google is really no better (and no worse) than what you get from Eufy/Anker.

1 Like

Download AutomateIt and see if you can find what you need.

Capitalism. You have to invest more into it to get the feature. Essentially they wanna milk there cash cows. Hope that helps.

So as the gentleman above said they killed ifttt after the buyout from google. Google wants to sell there products. So to have this feature they will integrate it in a newer device and forces you to buy that to do it etc.

1 Like

Chinese company, mate. Everything is censored :wink::wink::wink:

1 Like

Yeah that too. Lol. I feel for Hong Kong.

2 Likes

Mine works great after an adjustment. Sorry for your exp

Can you elaborate on the adjustment, please. Thanks.

There are some pretty worrying posts about data being sent back to Chinese data centres from Eufy products. The most worrying report I’ve read was packets of data being shared with the Chinese equivalent of YouTube and various other video streaming services in China.

This was enough for me to sell all my eufy gear. God knows what other data they have shared with the party!

1 Like

Yes security is a issue regaurdless. That shiny thing in your pocket called a cellphone is essentially a tracker and sends a ton of information out about all of us. We live in a world of voyuerism and suppressing privacy. All you can do at this point is do your best to limit what you wish to have or not have exposed.

Little snitch is a useful tool if you wish to know the ip connections being sent out and in. Nest, google, Apple, FB, and all those things just take and sell your data. The EU however has stringent privacy rules compared to the US.

1 Like

I fixed the active area and sensitivity. I love it now.

No one cares about you specifically in China.

Well if you talk bad about the China govt you go to jail if you set foot in it. But had me laughing a hard one.

1 Like

They don’t care, until they do. Ask Nortel how complacency worked out for them.

1 Like