Indoor 2K Camera is off .. BUT IT'S NOT!

Most of those are Amazon servers and DNS lookup IPs, not sure why the App your using is labeling them Steam, Minecraft, Facetime ect. The reason they are still hitting those is due to the way the app works. Since it doesn’t connect directly to the cameras it has to resolve via the internet to “find” the camera to turn it back on via the app should you choose to turn it back on. Should it work this way, no but that’s the way they implemented it.

Edit : However this is not the issue the OP is having nor does it explain this : https://www.reddit.com/r/HomeKit/comments/hr3hpa/eufy_2k_follows_me_even_when_its_off_video_a_few/

1 Like

Checked again today 07/15/2020 and there is still a big delay in killing the stream it was about 3min 30 seconds here was the test I did used web sight portal open camera you want to stream I’m using indoor 2k camera the settings I have in place are HomeKit secure video on stream and record. The sd card with 24/7 recording turned on at highest resolution. With the web portal open I used the Eufy app to turn off the camera. The web portal still streamed the video feed for about 3 min 30 seconds. HomeKit secure video never turned off what I used to keep movement in the room so it would keep recording in homekit secure video was a ceiling fan. As for as the sd card does not look like any thing was recoded in the time the camera was turned off. I highly suggest fixing this and also allowing 2 factor authentication this is live feed in your home for God sake fix this NOW! UNACCEPTABLE! @Mengdi AND @Yanyee1

1 Like

still no fix ran test again today 07/18/2020 ran same test and got a new message it appears that the camera only stops because of a time out restriction. please fix @Mengdi and @Yanyee1
make us at least feel better and make 2 factor authentication available in the USA.
euffy%20web%20portal%20time%20out

please contact: support@eufylife.com

This needs to be addressed publicly.

2 Likes

so i got a answer and i thought i would share it this is what i was told
Dear power user,
About the issue when the camera is turned off.
According to the HomeKit guideline, the manufacturer’s app can’t affect the settings of HomeKit.
If you just turn on/off the camera, the function in eufy Security app will be turned off immediately but it won’t affect the use of the Home app, in which the camera needs streaming, recording, and detecting properly.

So, if you want to turn off the camera completely, you should turn on/off the status LED both in eufy Security app and the Home app.

The 2FA function is coming soon and it needs your more patience.

This was my response
Thank you for your reply about 2fa we look forward to it coming to the USA. The information you have provided about how hsv takes priority makes since with the test that i have done. My concern is still about the web portal if you open web portal and then kill camera in app the camera streams up to 5 min then kills the feed only because of a time out then when you try to reload the web portal after the 5 min time out with the eufy app having camera off it then will not let you stream the feed. Bringing me back to why 2fa is a must in the USA. Thank you for your time please pass this along and for those that are reading this. The work around that i have for now is a homekit switch that will kill power to camera if i do not want it recording.

It’s shopping for Kickstarter ideas?

1 Like

2fa is out now in the USA