Indoor 2k camera with homebase 2

To me “NOT require a homebase” mean that homebase connection is optional but not required.

After reading this tread I order yesterday" eufyCam 2" set without any indoor cameras.

Plan is to buy 1 or 2 indoor cameras after the cameras can be connected to homebase.

4 Likes

An indoor camera with home base support would be nice so you can integrate it with other devices and use the storage on the home base. I don’t like sd cards on camera, burglars ca just take the camera and they are safe.

1 Like

Exactly my case. I bought the 2k Kit and I only will buy indoors if compatible with homebase2

2 Likes

I have now returned this crap to Amazon and received a refund.

What did we learn here?

Eufy, in spite of great potential, if they want, develop products without focusing on what might be best for their customers, with the aim of being able to make money quickly without spending a lot of effort on support.

Eufy is very opaque when it comes to answering desperate customer questions.

Eufy is providing very poor support and doesn’t seem interested in helping.

We should never trust Eufy’s products unless we read independent sources very carefully and research promised features alongside Eufy’s descriptions.

Never assume that promised features have actually been implemented … even if Eufy then promises they will be implemented soon - it almost certainly won’t.

I predict that Eufy will have a tremendous amount of returns this January. They make great hardware but the software leaves them short of their potential. If now they say that their indoor cameras will NEVER be homebase2 compatible, then I can only assume that their 2K wired doorbell that stores footage ONLY on the doorbell itself and if stolen the footage goes with it, means it will not become Homebase2 compatible either. In addition even in a system that consists of 3 homebase2 (meaning you bought a eufycam 2c kit, a battery doorbell kit, and a alarm keypad kit that all come with their own Homebase), these 3 Homebase2 can not talk to each other and CAN NOT be armed/disarmed with the keypad as ONE UNIT. You have to arm/disarm the 3 Homebase2 INDIVIDUALLY. And that is absolutely INSANE. Who ever came with that idea should be FIRED, as it makes all the Eufy security products completely useless in working together. And if you add then the wired doorbell or any of the indoor cameras or the outdoor floodlight, then you will have to arm/disarm those individually as well. This is absolutely crazy for a house alarm system.

1 Like

Be aware that even Homebase2s are not even compatible with each other. So if you have multiple HomeBase2 products (like I have one with the alarm kit, one with the camera 2c kit and one with the battery doorbell kit), they all act individually and each homebase has to be arm/disarm separately. And that includes the freaking alarm kit keypad that can only arm/disarm a SINGLE Homebase2. Absolutely crazy. I don’t know of any other alarm system that the keypad can not arm the whole system. And here are reason why you would need multiple HomeBases. HomeBases act as low power Wifi (almost like a BLE) with limitations to distance. So if you said “Ok, let me do away with multiple HomeBases and just use ONE for everything” you will soon find out that your battery doorbell at the front door will not connect with the HomeBase at the back of the house due to distance. In addition there is the issue of the only 16Gb memory if you use one instead of spreading the 3x16Gb with multiple HomeBases. So it is NOT that just some of the products are not compatible with HomeBase2, it is also that HomeBase2s do not communicate with one another. Like in a master/slave environment. IMO, until Eufy fixes the unification of their HomeBases, the Eufy Security Alarm Kit will be useless (unless you have such a very small house that somehow it works with just ONE HomeBase and 16Gb to store everything). But here in the U.S. I do not see how you can get by with just one HomeBase.

1 Like

@Mengdi
So we went from “It will be compatible soon!” on July 15 to “It is not planned in the near future” on Oct 19. So is it possible to check on progress with the PM (planned or not planned in the near futures) of the following:
#1 - Master/Slave of multiple HomeBase2s so that they can be armed/disarmed as one by the Alarm Keypad
#2 - that the wired doorbell can use the HomeBase2 to store its footage in case it is stolen (does not even have to be real time but only as a backup in case the doorbell is stolen)
and #3 - enable the USB port of HomeBase2 for memory expansion

Cause it will be very useful knowing if any of these are being worked on and are close to beta testing, or if they are impossible to implement due to hardware limitations and they will never see the light of day.

Thank you.

2 Likes

… aaaaaaaand as always, their tactic is simply to ignore very legitimate hints, criticisms and requests for help as well as for answers.

Mengdi is a great admin … for Eufy, not for costumers.

1 Like

I just bought those cameras (2c with a homebase) from Amazon.de, as Paul Hibbert made a very good review. Now just saw indoor 2k is not supported by the Hombase. It now ruins everything, so I will try to return asap.

Corporate greed, corporate greed…:confused:

It is realy impossible to find good camera on the market despite millions of products available.

Greetings from Slovenia.

1 Like

I did buy 6 indoor cams… and was waiting on the aspected update… never mind; send them all back.

1 Like

I do very well with one Homebase. I have 6 battery cams that talk to the homebase plus 2 entry sensors, 2 motion sensors, doorbell and 2 keypads. All works fine and all devices show max signal. I found the correct placement of the homebase so it talks to all my devices and then hardwired it to the router. Its been running fine for about 4 months. I go through the events once or twice a week and delete anything I don’t want. At this time, my homebase still has a total of 13 GB storage left.

It would be nice if the Homebases would communicate. I have a second that I use with one cam and 1 entry sensor out in a shed thats 75 feet from the house. However, I don’t buy any product based on what it might do in the future. There are too many variables to predict what will work and what won’t.

I don’t believe that the current homebase units can be upgraded and still perform their normal functions. Things like external storage require on the fly decryption which requires either a more powerful chip or a co-processor. Adding a whole layer to their control hierarchy to accomodate inter homebase coms and control will likely require better hardware as well as a reworking of the code for the app and the homebase. They can’t afford to do that for free. They are already providing a decent product for the money and actively working on updating that product and fixing bugs, which is more than a lot of other companies are providing.

I would be happy to purchase a homebase 3 with that capability to add to my system.

3 Likes

You are incorrect about what is required for changes to a unified automated control of multiple homebase2s. They don’t need new hardware. All they need is an update to the app software. It does not take a brain surgeon to see that if you can control on the same app multiple homebases individually (like we currently have), you can also change it to control them as one unit as well. All it needs is an update to the app software. The fact that they have NOT done it for a year now shows that management are clueless to what is needed for a unified ecosystem. And if you care to know who is saying that, I hold a Masters in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science and have been a medical systems engineer for 30 years designing mission critical medical hardware and software.

4 Likes

You nailed it … thanks for sharing your statement.

The question is whether the developers at Eufy are actually just too stupid or whether there is an intent behind all of this that we do not recognize. Because let’s be honest, we’re talking about a blatant failure here …

2 Likes

Just reminding: It started with empty promises …

… and ends up with them rudely ignoring us and giving up on us.

Yet another reason to NOT BUY anything from Anker/Eufy anymore is that they seem not to plan to participate in the “Project Chip” alliance. I am now completely done with Eufy.

See more details here: https://www.connectedhomeip.com

2 Likes

Same here. I also use Phillips Hue and that’s how their hub works. You can operate a limited number of devices with some limited functionality just using a phone app and Bluetooth protocol, or you can add a hub to operate more devices with more functionality using Zigbee protocol. A few older devices require the hub to work at all but most of the new ones are labeled “no hub required” and you can use them with or without the hub. When I bought this indoor cam I had thought it was the same situation with the Eufy Homebase.

1 Like

Project chip is a way to make your current devices become incompatible with the chip & require to buy new devices without any real new improvements.

Any update on this? Just bought 4 indoor cameras and want them on my Homebase. Not each connecting to my network individually.

2 Likes

Return them! Not gonna happen. I just picked up 2 pan/tilt cams. Only difference is I bought them with eyes wide open.

OK, we all know now the indoor 2k cam cannot work with the homebase… So what? It’s still a good cam for that price. What am I missing? Why do you want to return your eufy cam. Don’t get it. please explain.
I’m looking for a good indoor cam and i still think this is my best option.

I am also contemplating a return here. I bought it from Amazon and the description said that the product does not need a homebase, not that it was incompatible with it. I do understand in retrospect that one can read it both ways, but it is definitely too ambiguous.

Why this is an issue for me is that the system I had envisioned turns out to be impossible, and I feel cheated. The camera might be good in general, but if I cannot have the setup I wanted to have in the first place then what’s the point?