Issues with HomeBase 2 and Cam 2 purchased 3 day ago

Everything looked good, video quality is great.
Today I have experienced no connection to cams, not able to connect on either web portal or on android app. Android app showed no devices at all. HomeBase 2 status light is on solid blue. I went around cameras and made sure they would pick up motion and record me, while, for whatever reason the system was down. After an hour or so, Android app started working just fine, web portal not working. Everything was working fine before 3am last night. This system did not record me while it was down even though HomeBase 2 showed solid blue status light. Just now, neighbor walked by, near one of cameras, it recorded him.
I will be returning this product to BestBuy to get my $330 back.
PS
There was no warning of any kind nor indication from Eufy of an update.
When cameras were fully charged, then I installed this system and checked for updates. Updates were installed 3 days ago.

Just checked. It’s now recording everything it supposed to. No recordings while this system, not HomeBase 2 with solid blue indicator was down. It just came back just like nothing had happened.
How long it was not recording while solid blue indicator light showed that everything was hunky-dory? That, I have no idea.

Just checked: Motion record with video 2:08am last night, nothing in between, and it started recording today at 3:41pm.

1 Like

1 Like

You are fortunate if you still have time to return your system to BestBuy. The same problems you have there has been complaints on the forum for about 2 years without a fix.

2 Likes

The image quality and audio is fantastic, but I need security cameras. I’m going with NVR PoE setup.

1 Like

Update: Rturned the Eufy HomeBase 2 with cameras to Bestbuy, got my $330 back. I am one of lucky few that was able to get some closure, not getting stuck with gimmicky product. My wired PoE systems is much better. 4k cameras, and all the bells and whistles.

1 Like

Mind me asking what POE system you have? I’m considering going to one versus a wireless system.

1 Like

Check other thread…

lol it’s crazy it seems a lot of cases the cams go bad after the time period you can return to get your money back. At least that is what happen to me.