Motion detection stopped working after latest firmware update

I’m getting exactly the same as most on this thread with the human motion not working after last update and couldn’t get past the robot on the live chat so almost threw my phone out of the window. I have had to set to all motion detection amd kept getting woken up last night as it is detecting almost every flake of snow currently falling from the sky, nice videos, very festive but would rather have the sleep.

Hi, I have got this Version:
Systemversion: 4.6.6
Update: Yesterday 21:54
Subsystem Version: 1.0.91-20210303
11-08 13:12

The Version number seems to be the same as the faulty Version but will work much better than before.

Even with the firmware of today some movements are not registered by the 2c pro. Anker is adressing this problem as we speak

so are they going to push another firmware update ? my 2c got updated today to 5.4.5 human only motion seems a little better but still way off what it was before the 5.4.3 update

I hope that the new firmware is offered to everyone because my 3 2C cameras are on firmware 5.4.3 dated 28-09-2021 and really hope they sort the problem out.

I wouldn’t hold your breath mines updated to 5.4.5 and the motion is still terrible slightly better from 5.4.3 but prior to the 5.4.3 firmware my system was brilliant.

1 Like

I have 6 eufy 2 pro.
2 of them on firmware 3.8.4 year old cameras everything works.
4 of them bought recently are on 4.5.8
Four bought recently on 4.5.8 DO NOT switch to All detection at night. Hence cars on drive way nothing gets recorded. Human motion is fine

I fixed by checking SECURITY STATUS tab on the app.
If you have put it on “Scheduled” the software by default it will be “DISARMED” for all motion detection. Check if it’s your case.

I’m using Geofencing and therefor away or home. Due to corona most of the time home :wink:
I’m also using a 1080p doorbell (arrived in the weekend). In contrast to the 2c pro cams; this one does the person motion detection and works flawless as it seems.

I can’t wait for the cams to get this working. I tried who knows what for settings, the person detection isn’t working on the cams.
Tonight I will receive 2x 2c 1080P cams. Curious what they will do…

Update - it seems to be working actually. I didn’t have notifications turned on.

Update2 - although it seems to be working, it doesn’t seem to be detecting all motion compared to the 3.8.1 firmware. I would say its partially fixed rather than completely.
————-

So, updated one of cams to 4.6.6.
No difference what so ever.
I’m still getting triggers and recordings from the camera right next to it (3.8.1).

Now that it’s dark…. It doesn’t capture any recordings. The motion light comes on but nothing.

yes, i also have the same problem … only with the 2c pro

I’m sick of this.
Given my camera are very new, I’m going to exchange them for a new set, I’d consider these faulty.
My camera on 3.8.1 works perfectly……

I post d in another thread but I’ve had this issue, I used the feedback form in the app a couple of days ago and I got a response this morning apologising and they’ve advised a beta firmware is available which they can send to my homebase.

I’ve asked them to send it so I’ll advise if it makes a difference. I’m using the 2 pro camera.

Update:
had a response from support. Engineering wil send an updated firmware to my Homebase. Can take 48 hours… so fingers crossed… but after what I read in other posts; this problem seems to be random/already a long time around?

Also received 2x 2c cams (1080p). Looks like they work. But also detects our dog as a person… no picture of her face :slight_smile:

I also got a doorbell (1080p); works flawlessly! Ke, one time again the dog… but don’t care. It takes recordings of motions another 2c pro doesn’t take. And they are facing the same way.

And read in another post that for some it worked to disable the cam and re enabling it. I did that, walked by the cams. One of the camera’s did a recording!!! Let’s see if it keeps working. Not according the other post…

Just another few hours to wait for the update. Hopefull but also hesistant.

Thought I would post my findings here as well. Similar to most.

2 eufyCam 2 Pros

1. System Version: 4.6.4
  2. System Version: 3.8.4

Camera 1 only picks up motion if the Motion Detection is set to All motions
Camera 2 will pick up motion when set to Humans Only

To fix Camera 1, I’ve tried all the following with no change to Humans Only detection after upgrade.

• restarted my homebase
  • removed cameras and re-added them back
  • turned off motion detection and re-enabled it
  • turned off the camera and re-enabled it

The only way the cameras pick up motion is to have it set All Motions

Same problem here. Motion detection does seldom work when set to “Human only”. It has stopped working after the latest update.

Hi, I have had same issues. Since udate 4.6.4 on my pro 2 cameras no notifications at all. Contacted eufy who said they have firmware update available and it would take 24/48 hrs. That was this morning. Update on cameras went through around 7oclock tonight to 4.6.6. Since then I have got notifications so hopefully fixed. We shall wait and see.

1 Like

I almost injured myself by falling off the ladder by removing the camera’s and resetting homebase 2 and then having to add all the camera’s ,motion sensors and door sensors and reifitting camera’s only to find that system is still the same no human motion detect only all motions, luckily I only have bruises for my effort. So common Eufy accept the problem is yours and fix it all these people on here who have been complained are not wrong, if I still had the boxes all this junk would have been returned because I cannot rely on this security system to look after my property.

Id imagine it’s the home base update, has to be, mine is doing the same thing as everyone’s, only difference is my Camera’s are on 5.2.7 or something like that and not the 4.6.4

1 Like