Motion detection stopped working after latest firmware update

I have the same situation. After firmware update the detective motion stopped. Now I work remote and I can't spend time to this. My employer use this soft:

https://www.worktime.com/ and it’s important to me to be certain time at computer. And now I need to deal with it) In the morning I sent an e-mail to technical support and still waiting for response…

Yay. Homebase2 (2.8.5h) and two eufycam2C (5.4.3) got updated today. I also have 2x eufycam2C (1.7.4). Everything else seems to work except one of the updated cameras. It shows it is detecting motion, but doesn’t record. Time to start troubleshooting again :roll_eyes:

Both updated cameras actually ceased to function.

I did the 5.x steps in post #86, re-added the cameras, tested and now the cameras detect motion.

Hopefully this resolved the problem

Im in the same situation. No recordings, no detections and no spotlight coming on.

Have you even tried to do any troubleshooting? I got my cams back working after firmware upgrade caused problems

I’ve got an ongoing support ticket with Eufy about my cameras.

I’ve got 2 pro 2 cameras on 4.6.4 and they do not pick up any human motion what so ever. Its filtered out by the AI engine.
I had a spare camera in my drawer thats on 3.8.1. I replaced one of the cameras in my garden with it and it works flawlessly. My fear is that if i update that camera to the latest firmware, its just going to another dud camera.

Looking at the suggestion in post 86 - has anyone tried this with the pro 2 cameras and had success?
I’m reluctant to do it as it would mean going up a ladder to take down one of my cameras.
Thanks!

Both my eufy 2c cameras have stopped detecting human only motion when they updated to version 5.4.3 on 24/11/21. i have tried all the steps in post #86 twice with no success my 2k doorbell is still working fine thou.
i have reached out to eufy see what they say

Yes, i did factory reset HB2 and both cameras 2C Pro. Same issue. Im standing in front of the camera and nothing. It has moments when it works, the spotlight turns on but no notifications or recordings.

One of my cameras stopped working after a month then two more stopped working after I updated the App and updated the firmware. I changed the motion detection to all motions and two have started detecting motion and send notifications and record. Hopefully this will keep working.

I’ve emailed eufy back to request a firmware downgrade.

Really frustrating that one camera works (old firmware) and one camera doesn’t work (latest firmware).

Having been onto Eufy support about loss of human only motion detect after 28/09/2021 firmware update they do not want to accept that the firmware broke the camera’s and try to insinuate that it is us the customers fault and suggest we move the location of camera’s yet everything worked perfect before. Eufy support gave me a solar panel for free but because my camera faces a road it picks up every car,bird and person’s that passes camera and the solar panel is battling to keep battery charged, I asked for a firmware downgrade and they were not interested so I am battling with the security system and camera’ in its present state

What’s interesting is that I have two cameras, different firmware, same position.
Old firmware works, new firmware doesn’t.

Not sure they can blame that on “user error”.

User from Germany here. My update was on 24.11.21 and motion detection hasn’t worked since then on both cameras.

1 Like

Only had eufy 2c camera’s 2 weeks all worked ok now after update no motion detection and no notifications. Could someone point me in the right direction of what to do, Will I have to reset everything and add the cameras back to hb2

Update on my case.

Thanks for your information.

Sorry for the hassle. We now have a new firmware targeting this issue and is expected to be pushed to your devices next Monday. And by then you could have a check of the firmware upgrade of your camera.

If this issue still persists after that, please kindly do let us know and we will help to have a closer look at this to help you.

I have a 2c system with 2 cams, since the update to the cameras on 24/11/21 the system has stopped detecting motion. I have emailed, if anyone else has the same problem email too

1 Like

Got the 2c pro with homebase2 for 2 days. So never had the chance to see the person motion working :slight_smile:
I read this thread and have been throubleshooting since I have the stuff.
As of some suggestions in this thread I thried with the 10 sec push on the camera’s and this morning did a homebase reset.
Still not working.
So send an email to support.

And just above I read they know about the issue and we are getting new firmware on monday?

That would be nice (understatement)…

I’m still able to return the set… don’t want to.

Not sure if the firmware is going to be available to everyone from Monday. I’m just going off the message they sent me. I’ll report back either way.

For now….don’t do any firmware updates if you’re still on 3.

It seems that they pushed a firmware update yesterday to my cameras. My first impression is that the motion detection for humans will work again.

Which firmware did you receive? I’ve got 5.4.3 and the person motion detection is not working.`

I’ve got the cams (2c pro) and homebase2 for 2 days now. Never seen the person detection work.
Yesterday I received the doorbell 1080p. And on that one the person motion works. Wow, that is really a great feature!
Hope @EufyCam @eufy that they solve the issue soon. Next week I will receive 2C cams (the 1080p versions). Lets see what they will do.

Still have to the end of January to return the goods to Amazon. Don’t want to, when the person detection is going to work… nice!