Night human detection

I’m getting the same notifications. Not so many during day time even with the motion sensing at higher settings. But during nightt, it picks up all the cars, lights and shades.
I will check with eufy support and update all here :+1:

2 Likes

I wish only cats and dogs were setting off my camera. I had 22 human detections last night from bugs flying around.

2 Likes

I just can’t believe that after all this time we are still ignored by Eufy, not receiving any response by them. It’s incredibly disrespectful and unprofessional. We are the customers who finance your experiments and I think we should be listened more. taken more seriously.

1 Like

Today I uploaded the app this is the fix : Doorbell T8220 supports Human Only detection at night. Waiting for eufycam-2

:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, seems they got it … hope it’ll not take them too long to get this be done for Cam2.

1 Like

I am afraid, you are not getting the point here … I suggest to read carefully, so that you understand, what really is the point here.

1 Like

Any news? Update?

As far as announcements go, there is no night human detection scheduled for eufycam 2.

Can you become a bit more specific, please? As much as I can see, Eufy customers are requesting something pretty logical and simple here. So, if there are no plans on complying, may we here the reasons and a comprehensible explanation?

1 Like

If there’s no announcements or indications it will arrive, it won’t. I haven’t heard anything to the contrary.

Yes, that’s right, that is exactly the kind of answer that is far from profound. This only underlines once more the importance customers have for Eufy - exactly none at all.

I don’t see it that black and white. Did you write to support and asked them this question?

Yes … and the answer was not satisfying - It even implies they did not get the point.

"Guten Tag,

*Thank you for reaching out to eufy! *

We are very sorry to hear about the issue with your eufySecurity system. Let’s get you taken care of!

Normally, if you select “Human only”, the alarm will be triggered at night only if a human figure is detected.

Please try the following steps as they can often times already solve the issue:

** Reduce the Motion Detection Sensitivity. Here are the steps:My device>Camera name>Camera Settings>motion detection>Set motion detection sensitivity*

If the issue still persists, please help to provide the following information:

** A video depicting the issue, if the cat set off the alarm the night, it will also be a record. Please also indicate the time information.*
** The camera’s serial number (SN). You can find it on the camera itself or in the app*

** The order invoice or receipt from your original purchase*
** Your current shipping address*

Thank you for your patience; we look forward to sorting this out for you!

Best regards,

Léa

EufyHome Kundenservice"

Did you respond back to them? Maybe it wasn’t clear for them :confused:

1 Like

Already in my inquiry I referred very clearly to this forum entry … so it should be easy for them to understand if they are interested.

But you are maybe right … I should again try to explain a bit more detailed - Thanks

Usually when I ask them something, I get somewhat of a yes or a no as an answer. Hopefully inquiring again works!

1 Like

So, this is, what I have now responded to them:

"Hello Lea, your answer indicates that you did not understand the problem I was describing. It is also obvious that you did not read the relevant forum entry as I requested and linked (https://communitysecurity.eufylife.com/t/night-human-detection). In this forum entry you can find out that the problem I have described is a burden for several of your customers and it is easy to see in the forum what exactly the problem is.

Detailed description of the problem:
According to the settings for “Motion Detection” of the “Cam 2C”, there are 2 types of detection, “Human Only” and “All Motions”. In addition, the following is noted: “During the day only human events are recorded and transmitted. All movements are recorded and pushed on at night.” This is a massive problem, especially if you have frequent animal activities in the garden. It is therefore urgently necessary to make an option available that allows the „Only Human" detection mode to be used also during the night. This should actually be completely plausible and logical when developing such a security system. In addition, it should be relatively easy to make this option available, especially since your customers would benefit from it.

Sincerely"

We’ll see if that was understandable … what do you guys think?

1 Like

The worst part is that human detection is actually active by night : if you set the alarm to sound, you will see that it only sounds when “presence” is detected an not “motion”.
So at night, the cats don’t make the alarm sound but you do, confirming that there is some kind of human detection… you just can’t access it in the settings…

1 Like

Not in my case … I am having the alarm triggered when my cats are in garden during the night …

Here is what the support kindly responded so far:

"Thank you for contacting us.

I’m sorry that our colleague doesn’t understand your meaning.

About your suggestion, I have transferred your suggestion to the right place. We are constantly working to create new products and improve the existing ones. Users like you inspire us to continue on this journey.

Have a nice day!"