Night Vision problem

Hello, so 2 days ago i bought 2 eufycam2 and homebase 2, i mounted them, they work fine and all is awesome but it seems that the night vision doesn t work. So i remove the camera from the app then i added it again, night vision works, but after some time it won t work again. My guess it s that when i pair the camera with the homebase it works, then the update kicks in and night vision doesn t work. Can someone help me please?
Thank yoy!

Can you hear the camera switch from day to night when you take from a lighted area to dark? There is a mechanical filter that has to move and it makes an audible click when it moves. The IR cut filter covers the lens during the daylight and when it senses night it retracts to allow the camera to see better at night. If the filter is stuck and doesn’t move, it will keep the camera from seeing at night.

If you can’t hear the click, try tapping the camera close to the lens. If that doesn’t work, contact support and tell them you have a defective camera.

Hello, thank you for your answer, yeah i can hear the camera switch from day to night when i pair them with the homebase 2, and it works for like an hour; tried that and mount them all was working fine then after some time i checked them again and it was only a black screen, went outside with a flashlight so i can check if the camera is working, and yeah all is working fine except the night vision.
In conclusion i hear the click when i pair them and i think they are not defective since i can see with nightvision in the first time.

The filter doesn’t have any connection to the Homebase pairing other than the camera can see whether the software on-off switch is set in configuration. It sounds like maybe your IR LEDs might not be turning on. You should be able to see the red IR Leds in the dark.

I see the ir leds in the dark but only when i pair the camera with the homebase. It works for like an hour then everything is black, no ir leds, no night vision, no click even if i put the flashlight in front of it and remove it (can see the flashlight on camera) just black screen, the camera is working though.
I want to add that i have the 4.1.9 system version on cameras. A new update is availabe 4.6.4 but when i press to update it say devices updating, camera updating i let them for like 10 min but they don t update. Could this be from a bad internet connection? Could i update them through usb? Maybe with the new update the nightvision is working.

Having the Exact same problem with my brand new cameras. please see my post

Yep, i just bought them yesterday, what firmware are yours?

stuck on 4.4.1

it says 4.6.6 is available and when I click on it - it says its updating, but never does.

Same issue here, stuck on v. 4.1.9 and won’t update to v. 4.6.6 on both of my EufyCam 2’s. Just got these for Christmas. No night vision at all, even if manually set on. Do these forums get replies support or do we need to make an inquiry?

Having the same issue not being able to update firmware to 4.6.6 and auto night vision not working. I have raised a support ticket with Anker and suggest you do the same.

I sent mine back for a refund today. Can I ask who you guys purchased from? I am keen to know how accomodating EUFY are in issuing refunds for these faulty cameras?

I purchased from Appliances online via Ebay and it was hard enough getting a refund with them. Luckily Ebay stepped in to help in the end and forced their hand. Bought these for a present and all in all it has been a horrible, time consuming and stressful experience.

Just wonder how other people are fairing. Remember you have 30 days to send faulty item back to the person you bought from, so don’t let EUFY fob you off and waste too much of your time with no guarantee of a fix.

I bought mine from a UK seller. I am going to return the 3 X pro 2 cameras tomorrow. Absolute pain but Eufy have not given any guarantee on the firmware update or any official notification there is an issue or a recall. I am not impressed to be honest. Not sure who to try next. Fingers crossed I get my money back.

Just got a reply saying all going well it should be resolved in 20 days. That’s outside my 30 days return. So I am returning them

1 Like

Well they clearly have no idea then because they said it would be 7 - 14 days for the fix and that was 7 days ago on this thread

It’s infuriating and very suspect that they have not made an official announcement about it, as there is no gaurantee they won’t send you another faulty model if you were to repurchase, forcing you to repeat and go through this whole rigmarole once again.

Get a grip EUFY! If you can take the time to come on here and make posts asking what we think of future products etc, you could at least have the decency to extend the most basic of courtesy to your ‘existing’ customers.

I returned mine to currys it was outside the 30 days and they wanted to give me a voucher, i wanted refund, they said it was outside 30 days, I said it was not fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality therefore I want refund, after a bit of arguing I got my refund.

On a separate note I rang eufy customer service, totally clueless about this firmware apparently no problems, yes obviously everyone on here must be imagining it then a
nd the customer services assistant had no idea about the the issue of deletion of videos from the camera via sync button, I got the feeling they are either incompetent or don’t give a damn. Shame as the idea is a great one.

Well done Kev. You were lucky there. Yeah, the customer service are clueless to be fair - like most are these days and probably just farmed out and reading a cheat sheet with no genuine idea about the product(s)

1 Like