One Button Mode Switch - Group Cameras

Just had an interaction with customer support on this. They argue that they don’t do it, as the feature is available for homebase grouped cameras (they seemed to be unaware that sometimes one homebase is unable to cover a full house).

They also argued that users prefer to have the possibility to change cam modes individually (which might be true, but that doesn’t prevent them from also grouping them together for the purpose of switching over security modes.

I wonder what the ‘Location’ group is good for other than visually grouping cameras in the app. It’s not used for Geofencing and it’s not used for issuing group functions like the one we are discussing here.

Finally they argued that their engineers have many other things to do and they only act of their statistical evaluation of customer feedback shows it is a relevant feature. Since they don’t read the forum, what that means is that we should inundate, individually, customer service with requests for these basic features. You can do that in the app by going to Help/Support/Feature request.

There you could copy&paste the following text. (CS is very familiar with copy&paste… That’s what they do all the time as well)

Dear eufy engineering team,
Please introduce a feature during the next app UI update to issue joint Security mode switchovers for all cameras and homebases grouped together in one location. It’s a basic security feature every competitor hasand this request has been voiced hundreds of times by the eufy user community.
Thanks.

3 Likes

Still not available in 2023?

Nope :frowning:

I have kind of geo fencing working, but the one in my Apple ecosystem.
Everybody at my place use IPhone, and I have a connection from Eufy Homebase 3 and Apple HomeKit via Homebridge running on a NAS.

Geofencing in Apple works perfectly, so I have automations in Apple HomeKit to arm, night and home as people come in and out.

I had to make a few virtual buttons as Apple does not allot to act directly on security systems without accessing your phone and unlocking it, but thru the virtual buttons I got it working. Its flawless.

Not sure if you can do the same with Android.