Snooze Button for turning off the camera

LOL- another easy to implement feature that the eufy ‘developers’ still can’t figure out. Absolutely necessary and 2 years later, nothing.

2 Likes

Yep. I need to buy a few cameras for a new house and I definitely won’t be going Eufy.

+1 on a widget I can just put on my phone home screen to snooze / disarm (not record) for a period of time. Either a variable I can enter on each widget or a hard coded 5min, 1hr, 4hr.

Really hate it when I’m mowing the lawn and get all these dings notifying me of motion on my porch. Several steps to go to the app, check the right boxes and put it in snooze.

4 Likes

+1
The snooze should be for all cameras at the same time. I don’t think I want to snooze one camera at a time.

2 Likes

This is defintily my most needed feature. We have a front garden and i always have to deactivate the cameras when working in the garden. It is pretty annoying when you forget to turn on the camera and realize it after a few days.

2 Likes

Not sure what camera you have but why snooze button, just turn camera off in app then back on when your ready

It’s a process to turn it back on and if they have snooze button for notification they should be able to have a snooze that will turn the camera off then back on after a certain period of time.

2 Likes

This needs to happen ASAP!!!

2 Likes

Any progress on this? Is there a better place/way to submit feature requests?

2 Likes

Eufy doesn’t monitor this board. They have moderators, that aren’t Eufy employees, who are responsible for posts here.

I don’t think I’ve seen any feature requests from here actually implemented in Eufy’s products. In fact, it’s almost guaranteed that if you ask for it here, you’ll never see it. They appear to not give a shit what their customers are asking for, no matter how simple it would be to provide.

I posted this May 2020 when employees were still on the board. Eufy’s focus has and looks like it will always be new product development with little to no support/updates to existing products.

1 Like

I personally prefer the snooze button to only switch off notifications and keep recording in the background. Maybe we need another button for switching off and automatically switching the camera back on again.

Someone should send a formal “enhancement request” email to customer service with a link to this thread.

I want a quick snooze widget darn it! Give me 15, 30, 60, 2 hrs, 4 hrs, 8 hrs pls!

And besides a widget, why isn’t this in the notification itself - like ring? And why can’t I disable/snooze from the watch app? Pls Eufy. I like the camera but might send it back just because of this. A bit dramatic but this is simple user experience. Please fix.

Lol can’t believe this still hasn’t happened