Snooze Button for turning off the camera

Thanks all for trying.

Another eufy user who needs this feature. At my case I have several Home bases and I walk my dog outside for several times a day and itā€™s takes a while to switch them to Disarmed mode and of course I forget to switch them back. If I snooze notifications only, my cameras batteries die in ~1 month. Schedule doesnā€™t work because I reach 105 rules limit with several daily events (it seems each day and event has itā€™s own rule). The only option I found is to attach Eufy to my Google Home and turn off some cameras via it before I walk outside, but each time it requires a passcode, so itā€™s not very comfortable, also I forget to turn them back on.
Eufy team, please consider an option to release a ā€œbuttonā€ device which I can integrate with the system and manually push before I go outside to change the system state. Also please release some access to your API, so people can add customizations like this. We would be very happy if you do it. At this moment your solution is not ā€œcomfortableā€ for me and Iā€™m not a happy customer. I donā€™t recommend it to my friends, but you can change itā€¦

2 Likes

Any new thoughts @yanyee1 @Mengdi? Atleast some explanation why this feature should not be added?

We have snooze function right now, intend to control the slience period. But we can try to add the function of turning off the camera.

Thanks for the good suggestion, we have forwarded this to the Software team for further accessment!

1 Like

Thank you for the reply. The snooze for the notification is ok but turning off the camera would help with the battery and memory. Iā€™m only getting 6 month of battery out of my Camera 2 instead of 12 months.

You can buy the solar panel :slight_smile:

Backyard does not get enough sunlight.

1 Like

I need this feature too!

Definitely need this feature ASAP.
Snooze button to make the chosen cameras dormant, no recording, no sensing, make them deep sleep for a chosen amount of time.
We have cameras front and back, when doing any work in the garden it would nice to be able to press deep sleep > chose cameras > select time > 2 hrs then after the chosen time elapses everything is back as it was before. Save on battery etcā€¦ Its 2021 i donā€™t want to have to remember to turn everything back on.
Cā€™mon Eufy, sort it out please.

2 Likes

Everyone needs to fill out the survey Eufy just posted and make a comment about the snooze button turning off the camera. Here is our chance to show them.

1 Like

Good idea count me in!

1 Like

Also need ā€˜one button shutdownā€™ feature of all camerasā€¦also live video from camera should be disabled!

Do not know what happens with ā€œDisarmedā€ button?

I do not have yet any Eufy cameras, but looking for a [eufyCam 2C 2-Cam Kit]ā€¦

1 Like

Any chance we can get an update on this add on? @Mengdi

+1 how hard could it beā€¦

1 Like

I agree with the request here and itā€™s exactly that, a snooze. Having come from using Ring, this was a nice feature to have especially if having people over or work done. It needs to be added.

1 Like

+100

This request would be helpful. As others have mentioned, the snooze is per camera and just turns off notifications. Disarming for x interval would be great for yard work and parties.

Please implement!

1 Like

A year later and still no implementationā€¦yikes

1 Like

Seriously, the lack of this basic feature is a deal breaker for me. I will not invest anymore or recommend Eufy to my friends and family until this is implemented. Add a real ā€œDisarm for X hoursā€ mode please.

3 Likes

Itā€™s here!!
The bell icon at the top of the camera frame!

1 Like

No itā€™s not. This thread is for the snooze to turn off the camera not just the notification.

1 Like