Tips for eufy Security App v4.0

There is no Eufy app update pushed to my device yet. I do not feel tge update is necessary neither.

1 Like

Hi Eufy. Do you see unhappy customers? Are you going to keep them? Your competitors would get all of them!

8 Likes

Eufy do not care about present customers and their faults because they can suck in new customers to replace the old one’s when they leave and the cycle will repeat itsself when new customers realize they have bought dud equipment. Such a pity because the Eufy camera’s when they work where good but once they become a problem Eufy’s support do not have a clue on how to fix problems.

4 Likes

Same problem here cameras are not reliable they miss events all the time and I have it on the most sensitive settings . Wish I would have went with a different brand as well they need to fix their issues asap definitely won’t be buying no more products with them .

2 Likes

Please add FORCE night view option. When in a dark room with tv, it’s very annoying that’s constantly automatically switching between night vision and colour mode!

2 Likes

The doorbell camera (wired) worked great until recently. It has within the past month or so stopped recording all movement (will record sometimes) and does not record at all when viewing live. This needs to be corrected. I am ready to leave Eufy and get a new product. Very disappointed in this product.

1 Like

I have always wanted the ability to split my cameras, so the doorbell can be detecting all the time, but the other cameras on a schedule.
This app update describes how you can segregate your cameras. But it doesn’t work.

It wont let me move the doorbell to a new “Home”. I changed to the new Home I made, and went through the process of adding the Doorbell. It stayed in the original home.
So I deleted the doorbell from the original home. Then added it to the new home. The doorbell turned up in the Original Home. Is this a bug in the updated app?

Our has just done the same

EUFY Security App Nightmare

This lastest update has caused mega problems.
Lost all cameras and homebase from the android app ,

Keeps shutting down / logging out when closing the app and now need to use an authentication capcha code when logging back into the app.

When trying to share devices the recipients do not get an “accept” within the app.

This update is a shambles and cannot have been tested properly by the developers.
From a simple easy to use app, you have now released an untested, unreliable, updated version that has cause numerous issues.

Please give us a way of reverting the app back to earlier versions.

9 Likes

Loving the new app, the look is great and really like the new security report.

Luckily, to this moment, I haven’t had the major issues that some of you others are experiencing.

My only issue however, after the v4.0.1_1206(US), is that the spot lights on my 2c Pro cameras do not turn on at night once motion is detected. (All settings are correct, have also toggled off/on to see if that helps and even turned the home-base off/on - all to no avail).

So mine is minor to rest of you.

After the new version, the app on my android phone took a very long time to open or did not even open (but this has sorted itself out now).

Also what needs fixing (which happen before update) is that notifications are not pushed through during the night. Now I have my phone off at night, but would think any notifications should show once phone is turned on. Have to open app to see if there were any events.

Hope you all get your issues sorted very soon.

App 4.0 battery doorbell There’s a delay getting notifications sometimes doesn’t show notifications . App take too long to open. pls fix these issues

Eufy problem!

I have the problem with the eufy doorbell and homebase with my phone on 4G the doorbell and homebase are Not accessable is says they are offline, only when my phone is on wifi they work.

Restarted the doorbell and homebase, but didnt help.
Reinstalled the app, but didnt help.
Restarted my phone, but didnt help.
Installed latest OS on my iphone, but didnt help.

When will this be fixed? Of does anyone know what to do?

This issue occured since updating to the latest app version 4.0

Doorbell 2.2.3.3
Homebase systeem is 2.1.8.5h
Subsys 1.3.0.9

1 Like

Since the new update motion detection got worse. It’s detecting only from one side. So, motion from the left, good as always, but from the right side detection only from the moment the person is in the middle of the view.

1 Like

Play store tried to install this update and I blocked it because of not knowing what other problems Eufy app will cause if I install the update. Going by reading problems that people have had with this update and Eufy support recent inability to fix problems caused by their firmware updates and the Eufy support being so useless I do not want to chance it and at the minute relying on the window/door sensor to monitor my home because the camera’s are unreliable junk.

2 Likes

Same thing happened to me how can an update destroy a system

Lost all my cameras on the update. I have only been able to re-add homebase camera’s. For my other cameras I go through setup and recieve a “setup complete” prompt yet they do not notshow up anywhere in the app. What is the issue preventing them to be added?

hi Eufy team,

can you please fix the wizard to link Eufy Security to Google Home. It is just NOT working. After the login and enter the PIN code it gets a single blank screen.

The only workaround I found is to uninstall 4.0 and reinstall 3.5 again…

thanks

2 Likes

Same here

I would really like to be able to share my device and set time frames in which others can watch my camera feed. My parents want to keep an eye on my dog when I’m not home, but I don’t want them to be able to watch all the time. I hope you can add this feature!