Why is the Eufy app freezing and disabling my iPhone (11 Pro Max)?

Hello how did U fix this ?

This happened to me today. I was able to get back into my phone using the methods above and reinstalled the app.

2 Likes

If the force restart does not work , another option that work for me is to open the flashlight and drain the battery up to 15% less then the phone automatically shuts off and when i plug it into the charger the phone reatarts itself

1 Like

Just had this issue… I have lost so much faith is Eufy now. Never had an issue with my iPhone until I downloaded the Eufy app.

Anyway the advise above worked.

1. Click the volume up button really quickly (I did just one click)
  2. Click the volume down button really quickly (I did just one click)
  3. Hold down the power button until the apple logo appears.
2 Likes

I recommended Eufy to a friend and after installing it for them in their home it started freezing up their iPhone. This appears to only happen when using the Eufy live stream feature in landscape mode. They are using the indoor cam wired model. The sound still comes thru but the video feed is frozen and the whole iPhone SE (2020) locks up. They have to do the manual hard reset on the iPhone as per directions from Apple in order to get everything back. The camera’s firmware is the most up to date and the app is also the most up to date. So whatever it is, it appears to be an overlooked critical bug by Eufy. Sad to see that this thread started in May of last year, approximately 10 months ago with no response or official resolve!

@AnkerSupport

1 Like

I set up my new Eufy cam yesterday. Same happened to me just before midnight yesterday exactly as described. iPho e 12 Pro, IOS 15.4.1
Quite annoying and frankly unprofessional. An update to the Eufy Security app was made available which I installed. But no clear description the issue that quite some people experience for more than a year is now fixed.
I stead of hard resetting my iPhone I have another solution:

1. Remove the Eufy equipment
  2. Put back in the box
  3. Return package
  4. Request a full refund
  5. Get a Ring
  6. Live safe with an operational setup
  7. Unfortunately pay Ring monthly subscription forever
    :
2 Likes

probably Apple ios has security does not allow data collections without user consent

Thank you so much. Sometimes when I zoom or take too long viewing clip the system freezes like this and disables my phone but usually after a while clears by itself and I can restart. I was stuck all day and finally decided to Google to see if anyone else had this issue. This worked immediately. I love this camera and the app and so glad to know that this issue can be remedied.
Hopefully Eufy will fix so it is no longer an issue.

Is there a class action lawsuit yet? Let me in on it! Denial of phone use is a safety issue, no app should override a hard reset.

1 Like

Yes it’s still happening… my god Eufy, FIX YOUR PRODUCTS.

1 Like

Oh my gosh, this is an obvious problem with the app. It just happened to me for the first time today and I had to force quit my iphone11. I called customer support at Eufy and the person on the phone told me the app has crashed and it isn’t a Eufy problem they’re looking into. Does this mean that Eufy isn’t compatible with iphones?

This is astonishing. Bought 9 cameras, three base stations.

This problem is not happening with iPhone 14, but it is happening with an iPhone X.

How can a security device app just freeze and leave you completely helpless?

My confidence in Eufy just took a nosedive.

1 Like

I am so frustrated. This has occurred. I actually didn’t know what to do. So annoying. This product is supposed to be for security and if your app freezes up the monitor (phone) how is this product conducting what its design for?

Is this freezing on iPhone still an issue after two years?
I am about to purchase a couple of eufy cameras, and the app will be installed on both ios 16 or 16.5 and Android 13.
The issue described in this thread is a deal-breaker, so it would be good to know if it has been fixed.

Thanks for your input
Ultrarunner

My daughters iPhone 13 just locked up with it , trying to force restart caused a siren to go off, eventually found this thread and did the volume up/down power off and thankfully worked, still if after 2 years and no fix I may return mine as only had a month and if it’s going to happen regularly then it will be replaced with Ring

Thanks for sharing your experience with the eufy app. Have you noticed any specific conditions when the problem occurs, such as having other apps running while using the eufy app?
I will certainly not tolerate regular freezes on my phone, even if rebooting the phone will resolve it. This is not something that anyone should have to tolerate - especially after more than 2 years!

I received my eufy Solocams yesterday, and will be setting them up today. I suppose Amazon has a 30-day return window, so hopefully that will be enough time to evaluate the app.

my iphone 12 froze and I couldnt turn it off or reboot it. the volume up and down didn’t work for me. but after pushing the power button, it activated Siri, so I asked her to restart my phone and it did. so I was able to launch Eufy application without issues.

tell Siri to power off the phone … then select the power off button… done

My phone keeps crashing when using the app. I am not here to see how to reset my phone, I need answers about getting the app fixed. I just adoped a dog two weeks ago and she has separation anxiety. We are working on it and it it is working, however I need to be able to check in. That doesn’t work when the app is freezing my phone. Never had any issues with the security camera and I am about ready to send this back because it is overpriced and does not work.

Telling Siri to power off phone and restart… .Perfect tip and answer. It worked .Thank you