WiFi Smart Lock Always Offline

One of my smart wifi locks go offline randomly but fairly often. Just wanted to add others with same problem.

Having the same issue here, go ofline by itself and have to reconnect manually . Eufy please fix it .

1 Like

Yep…just happened to me too today, Fri 1/7/21. Was there a firmware/software update this morning? Cause everything was fine up till a couple of hours ago and now it won’t connect via WiFi. BT and manual working but I can’t lock/unlock via the app and constantly going offline (will go back online but still can’t unlock/lock via the app)…

I had the same issue happen this AM. I couldn’t connect to the lock via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. The lock was totally incommunicado, no way to control it via the Eufy app. I reset it a couple of times and worked once and then back offline. I pulled the battery and got the same results. I finally had to remove the device from the app and reinstall. This seemed to have fixed this for now but of course what a pain because everything gets wiped out, all passcodes and finger prints! Any suggestions out there? Is Eufy working on this very obvious widespread issue?

Same issue here. Got the lock in November but it constantly goes offline which means it often thinks it’s unlocked when it is actually locked (and vice versa) which gives me an error about the lock being stuck when it tries to do the automatic lock every night before bedtime. Quite annoying and makes me worry I won’t be able to get in my house without the physical key one of these days.

I saw the same issue constantly. But I made the changes according to https://forums.att.com/conversations/att-fiber-equipment/everything-but-my-printer-connect-to-fiber/613e9f036687064894839846

And the issue seems fixed. Basically, make sure your 2.4GHz network support 802.11b.

Hi Guys,

I have managed to counter the issue somehow. (Firmware Version 1.3.6.8)

Basically, I follow the other suggestions by creating a 2.4Ghz WIFI with no space in SSID. (Went Offline every day).

Then I was trying to change the network to 802.11b only, there is no such option.

All I did last was to change the WiFi to 20mhz width.

Never had a problem anymore.

1 Like

Hey friends!

I am just here to report the same issues everyone here is.

I am in shock that this wasn’t detected in any reviews.

I just installed my WiFi Smart Lock 3 days ago, and unless I interact with it, it will drop entirelty from WiFi.

I do not think this is a communication problem, but rather the power saving settings in the lock itself. Interacting with it both through the Eufy Security app and my Google Home both claim it is offline. The moment I physically intreact with it, it pops back online.

This should be a simple firmware fix, and I have no idea why it is taking Eufy this long to fix it. I do no thave this issue with my Eufy robovac and did not with theri smart bulbs.

Luckily, it’s not a deal breaker for me, as I wanted it more specifically for finger print unlock and it is one of the few smart deadbolts with a key, but c’mon.

This shouldn’t be happening with a mature product.

Where is the Eufy Development team to respond to this?

I used a very old standard router(like 802.11g) as a 2.4g access point for the lock , it seems to stay online longer than my 802.11AC router, but still got offline after about 2 days. The good news is , after I updated the eufy app to the latest version . The problem seems gone . Btw , another setting I did was change the wifi channel to 6 in the router settings. I am not sure which thing did the trick.

So interesting. We’ve got two door locks installed, so it’s been interesting to watch the back door going offline more frequently (not used as much) compared to the front door.

The new App. seemed to improve the stability issues but I noticed tonight the back door said it was offline again. I jumped back onto this thread to see what was happening. I opened the back door and then magically - back online again. Adding fair bit of weight to @Jonathan.belfiore’s theory.

Before the new App. out of desperation I connected our front door lock to a dedicated 2.4ghz channel (we have Google Nest Wifi mesh system throughout the house) and that seemed to improve the stability but maybe it was actually just because the lock was being used more frequently.

I had the same issue. I switched my Wireless router to plit both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz, then I reconnected the smart lock to the 2.4 Ghz and that seemed to solved the problem. Hopefully it helps someone.

Same issue, Wi-Fi alway drop and do not reconnect after latest firmware and/or app update. Eufy please fix it

Here are some of my testing. I owned multiple Eufy locks throughout the house. Had both the WIFI bridge version and the built-in WIFI version.

A couple of factors will cause the disconnect.

1. 2.4ghz & 5ghz issue especially where in some APs that 5ghz is preferred and the AP will try to force the client to go to 5ghz, so please have a network with 2.4ghz only. And SSID with no space(didn’t test this one, but doesn’t hurt).
  2. The lock with WIFI built-in has very weak WIFI reception, so your AP has to be close to the lock. (within 20 feet without any walls is optimal.)
  3. If you cannot move your AP, get the WIFI bridge version and place the WIFI bridge to a power outlet close to the lock (within 10 feet is optimal). I found the WIFI bridge version is much more reliable in terms of WIFI connection and responsiveness both in the Eufy Security App and the Alexa routine. I assume since the built-in WIFI lock runs on battery power, it probably stays in sleeping mode. Every time when an event happens, it has to wake up first before transmitting data. And in theory the WIFI bridge version of the lock should have longer battery life per charge than the built-in WIFI version.

If you don’t have a power outlet nearby for the WIFI bridge or an AP close to your lock, you will encounter disconnections regardless of what WIFI settings and what firmware version you have.

Hope this can help you folks out there.

All right, i updated the firmware to 1.3.8.0
The issue is gone. Never go offline again

I dont think so… my locks are only 3 meter away from main router still going offline. This is not wifi reception problem but firmware problems

How do i know? Yeah of course i knew because when i first install those locks they works perfectly for 6 months untill 1 morning a single firmware update ruined it all.

And then after updated to 1.3.8.0, boom the problems are now gone

Hi Eufy team,
Again we are facing the offline issue after the recent lock update. Please fix it soon.

Yes. The offline issue came back after the most recent update.

Having same problem, very frustrated, have a video doorbell also and I am scared to install it because of this issue.

Same issue here after recent update, brand new out of the box, update and it started every few hours I have to disconnect from the power and back, come on I paid a lot of money, this issue is really frustrating

Hey everybody I could solve this issue, with the following steps:

1. connect the smart-lock exclusively to a 2.4Ghz
  2. the SSID (name of the wifi) can not have spaces or special characters if yours has changed it!!
  3. your password can not have spaces