2K Indoor Cam Pan & Tilt Moves on It's Own

My wife noticed that a few weeks ago and and asked me is there any possibility that we are hacked cuz its an ip camera!!! Today i noticed that it moves at 04:05 Am eastern time ,not using motion tracking at all, only sd card recording and unfortunately nothing recorded
I can see on the log , 2 days ago at the same time device firmware updated, don’t know what to do hmmmmm

1 Like

Mine is doing the same think by 2:05am and it shows a purple light, does anyone fix it?
Kind regards,

1 Like

I am also facing same issue, if someone found a solution, please update :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have 2 pan & tilt cams. One is the original cam and one is the new Mini P&T.
They both do some kind of calibration routine early in the moring at 4:27 AM. They spin completely around and end up pointing exactly where they started before the spin. Have drawn a mark on the front and they always return to the same spot. This happens 5 days a week. Usually not on weekends. Its not related to motion tracking. It happens whether that’s on or off.

I have monitored the traffic from both cams and they both contact the AWS servers Eufy uses at that time. Its not enough traffic for a video feed, but I assume its checking for updates or a keep alive indication from the cam.

The only reason I was aware of this is I had another cam covering part of the P&T cam area and the interruption triggered that other cams motion detection. The spin happens at exactly the same time every night 5 times during the week. My other P&T mini cam does the same, but at a slightly later time.

I am not surprised that support doesn’t know what is going on because my experience is they don’t have any idea how their products work. If its not in their script. They are clueless.

I monitored the cams for several weeks and concluded its not something to be worried about. The cams still detect motion, if I want to use it, and I haven’t seen any negative issues from this behavior.

2 Likes

Thank you for the detailed report on your findings!
I came here to say that I also caught what must have been this routine nightly restart using a second eufy camera.
I had auto night vision enabled on both cameras and the glare/reflection of the night vision could be seen from the other cameras view. The motion detection captured the restart of the camera even though it was in another room because when the device restarted the lighting in the room of the other camera slightly changed which can be seen on camera. For me this occured at 2:20am EST.

I have this same issue:
Brand new S350 out of the box from Amazon, latest firmware update, has already been calibrated, brand new setup as of a few hours ago from the time of this post. AI tracking is off, auto cruise is disabled, there are no default scenes set (the issue happens with our without them set), no privacy angle set, and the camera executes this behavior at least once per minute: rotates on it’s own counter clockwise 360 degrees, pauses for a second or two, then rotates 360 degree clockwise back to its original position. No more than another minute passes until the cycle repeats.
I should also mention the picture is rotated 180 degrees as it’s mounted to a ceiling. I suspect it MAY be because when it pans horizontally for too long, there is a software limitation that says “Limit Reached” indicating that the software doesn’t like it when it goes beyond 360 degrees, which doesn’t make sense as … it is a 360 degree camera.