Alarms not working at night

@Haadsecure - I have just tried turning the IR night vision off at night (darkness) and the alarms still did not activate.

What is the point having security alarms that only work in daylight?

@jesuralem - have you done the test yet on your security camera configuration.

1 Like

I’m not resetting the system as you have described without instruction from eufy support.

You seem to be good at suggestions but not so interested in carrying out your own testing - please feel free to do your own testing and let us all know your findings.

@Haadsecure - wow you really showed your true colours in that last message - wishing me to be robbed in the night.

I see you have had a second thought about what you originally said and have edited the part out about hoping I get robbed in the night.

No hard feelings from me - I’m just trying to sort out a security issue with the camera alarms not working at night and trying to pass the informstion onto others.

1 Like

Haha - I feel for you - I think you need help - hope you find it - take care.

Update

I received this email from support and after carry out the tests again the cameras and Homebase sounded alarms when motion was detected - I’m not sure if there has been some kind of update been sent out to now make this work.

Dear Mike,

Nice to hear from you.

Thanks for your details and let us know your further concern. In your case, we are wondering if the schedule timer didn’t work as expected. In your case, please let us know if the time stamp on your camera when you stream the camera is the same as the timestamp of your phone? See attachment. If yes, please let us know the exact time point when the other cameras(other than front door camera) were triggered at night without alarms. Such as 8-5 14:00. We need the exact time point to have a further check.

Awaiting your reply so we can further move on.

Have a nice day!

Tina

Eufy Customer Support Engineer

I have sent my test results back to support and await a reply

I will carry out another test tomorrow night

I tested my 2pro2k cameras at night w/IR on, and the alarm options on. When I walked past them, both homebase and camera alarms came on. Maybe they fixed it in this latest update? I never checked before.

1 Like

I have schedules set up for cameras on during the day time, set to notify. At night Homebase 2 and all camera alarms set on, they seem to work, had a random alarm siren go on camera and Homebase, maybe a spider. I wish you could alter the amount of time the siren alarms are on for, the siren on the cameras are very short, 5-6 secs :thinking:

1 Like

Update

Tested them out again and the alarms activated -what I did notice was the alarms did not activate until about 15 seconds after the cameras were activated by motion

I will carry out a test tomorrow night to see if it’s possible to run past the camera without activating the alarms - if you can I will be asking Eufy to correct this.

Ok I did a quick test last night and the alarm is working.

Although I am pretty sure it doesn’t go on when the neighbor’s cats are detected and when get a notification.

Also the event in the app for my test was “human” and presence detected, not motion… Even if the app says that at night all motion would be treated the same…

1 Like

Update

I decided to carry out the test late at night and see what would happen by running past the cameras and yes you can bypass the alarm by running - there is a delay - the motion is captured but the alarms are not activated - I will ask eufy to correct this by giving us the option to delay the alarm from motion detection by 1 to 15 seconds.

I have sent support an email - update to follow when I get a reply from support.

It would be good feedback to give to support if other people could also carry out similar tests on their camera security system (my system is the eufyCam 2) and post their findings on here.

@Haadsecure, @khy888, @Mengdi, @jesuralem, @Jayd177, @JonnyBravo, @jmiller148, @ken17, @Aimz2

I think most of this delay is technical and they may not be able to do anything about it, you have to take into account how this works :
1- Motion detection sensor detects something and starts the camera and triggers the notification
2- The camera starts, and realize it is dark => switch to night mode
3- the camera analyze the picture to detect if there is a human in it

My guess is if you go by running, the motion detectors detects you, but by the time the camera have some footage to analyse you are already gone => the alarm is not activated. And the event is “motion” and not “human”.

From what i understand, if the event is “motion” the alarm doesn’t sound, if it is “human” it does.
During the day you don’t even get the notification for motion, during the night you get the notification.

1 Like

@jesuralem

Some really good points you have made.

It will be good to see what support say about the queries I have raised.

Still waiting for reply from support.

Update - just received this email from support - not a proper answer to the queries I have raised:

Dear Mike,

Nice to hear from you.

Thanks for your information, including the video you attached. As to your concern, please note that we can set the alarm delay in your settings. Here are the steps: Security mode>Homebase Settings>Away mode>Alarm delay. In your case, please let us know if you have set the alarm delay for your cameras?

Awaiting your reply so we can further move on.

Have a nice day!

Kiki

Eufy Customer Support Engineer

I will send them another email listing all the queries I have raised, asking them to respond to each point raised

Further updates to follow - when I receive them.

I have gotten several motion detections when there is no motion (they might have ran by). I also got a human alert on a cat casually walking over and making itself at home on my porch. And this is in daylight. The night alerts are not exactly inspiring confidence.

2 Likes

I have the same issue. I have two cameras covering the back garden set to alarm at night. They detect me in the garden and record but no alarm, also tried testing the alarms during the day and they work so not a speaker or hardware problem. Had 3 attempted break ins to our shed late at night before buying these so really need them to alarm.

Any help appreciated but suspect it’s a software issues?

1 Like

I have the same issue and have contacted customer support. The response doesn’t inspire confidence - the camera detects all motion at night but will only alarm if it is a human, unfortunately the cameras don’t see so good at night to recognise a human so they don’t alarm!

Therefore in effect they are useless at night!!!

1 Like

I’m having same issues and contacted support and awaiting their reply. Has anyone successfully resolved this issue?

1 Like

@spamgriller I have several Cam2 and Cam2 Pro cameras and they alarm at night. However, the cameras will determine when to alarm depending on your setting for each one (Motion vs Human Detection). It usually takes a few seconds after it triggers (begins recording, then depending if it meets the requirements, will sound).

Hi Simon - I agree with you they are useless at night.

I gave up with support they just don’t understand what the problem is