Alarms not working at night

I have three out door cameras and at night I can run past them and they don’t pick me up , plus the alarms don’t go off - the cameras are useless as security cameras at night

Not sure what to tell you @Mike6234 but my cameras alarm at night. They may take 2-3 seconds of movement (or change of pixels) to alarm…so maybe running past the entire camera’s view quickly may not set them off, but that also holds true during the day. However, if I have a cat walk past my car in my porch…it records the event and the alarm goes off.

Unfortunately, if you really want a security system that is pretty much full proof…do not rely on a wireless battery camera.

1 Like

I had this same issue last night. I have mine scheduled between bedtime and home only. 9pm-6am

Last night it was scheduled and set to bedtime. I had a notification at 2am from one camera (on my driveway) and it recorded video as instructed. It was the neighbours cat. I have this camera set to “human only” in ‘B&W night vision’ mode and also to trigger the alarm when motion detected. It ONLY recorded video. Note that the area of my property this camera covers is lit by ambient street lighting. But not enough for the camera to think it’s daylight, I don’t think.

Note: I had this camera set to ‘Turn off’ in Night vision settings last week meaning no LED and no IR. And it DID trigger the alarm at 1am and record video. But the footage was a tree swaying tree reflecting on the side of my white van. But I don’t know if the camera thought it was day or night with the ambient lighting around. Or if it thought that motion was human or not.

A few weeks ago, I had an attempted break-in (Three men). It was caught on a different camera (same settings though).

The camera triggered the alarm and recorded video as it was set to. And the men ran off. Excellent.

The difference being is that that camera is in a flood lit area. The camera sits next to (and just behind) an LED floodlight. Giving the camera plenty of light to work with.

My advice is if you want these cameras to detect humans and set off alarms at night then you have to also use flood. And a lot of it. They do not work well at night but they can if you take steps to make them.

I have LED floodlights which are on all night (using a photocell to switch them on automatically at night). But you could also install PIR flood lights on your property to work with the Eufy cams.

Remember, these EUFY cams are a cheap set up. Professional cameras and security systems which work well at night cost MUCH MORE. You can’t expect a set of cheap wifi cameras to be your only solution. They work as part of a system.

1 Like

Your comments are noted