Camera Offline - who's getting the same issue?

How did you know what channel you were on and how did you change it?

Same issue here with EufyCam E. I have four wireless cameras, they will work great for a few days, then all go off line at the exact same time. I reset everything, they work for a few days, then go offline. Repeat endlessly. Support is worthless so far.

1 Like

Same issue here all cams periodically go offline for no reason, unable to check cams / no recordings. Comes back on without reason later. Unpredictable, unreliable. Just had them put in not happy.

Same crap here… seems to have gotten suddenly quite bad after an 8/2/21 Homebase 2 firmware update

My router was the issue

My wired doorbell 2k went offline twice or three times since I’ve installed it a few months ago. It isn’t an issue with the router or connections ( I have other cameras from Eufy right next to it, working ok ), the router was rebooted multiple times. Eufy CS recommends removing the doorbell, resetting the device, removing from the app, and re-adding it. It is quite the pain in the ass, but it works. Wish there was another solution available.

No support or workaround from eufy support stuff member???

My wired doorbell just went completely unresponsive again. Had to pop it, unplug, reset and then boom - started working again. Such pain. I would not recommend a doorbell from Eufy to anyone.

Same problem here. I have 3 eufycam 2 pro and 2 different cameras have gone offline in a matter of weeks. Reception i strong when checking with app.

Eufy doesn’t monitor this forum. If you need support, contact them directly by phone or eufylife.com/support.

Your wired doorbell uses Wifi instead of the Eufy protocol that talks to homebase. Have you tried changing your wifi channel? There are so many cheap wifi enabled gadgets these days and many don’t play well with each other. Also, don’t let your router determine what channel to use automatically. Pick a fixed channel and leave it there.

I use an app like WiFi Analyzer which is free to get an idea of the surrounding congestion and strength levels, then manually switch channels to test if need be.

Same here. Had Camera system for almost 1 year. Homebase and 2C camera not moved. Since around November the front camera goes offline randomly after an hour / day / week.

Worth saying I added 2 more 2C cameras about 7 months ago - these are significantly further away and have never gone offline.

The camera that goes offline has been replaced and we have the same issue. I have also changed the Homebase location to try and improve things but no joy. I have also changed the router wifi channel to all 13 channels, and both 20/40 Mhz, all with no improvement.

Just don’t know why it would work for about 10-11 months with no issues then all of a sudden fail consistently.

Stumped.

Issue still going on in 2022 that camera’s go offline, I reset the concerned camera several times, switched camera’s, did reset on the home based but certain camera works again for a period but some this go offline. Issue started after a certain firmware update. To Eufy: can you make new firmware so that homebase works with max. RF signal so the camera’s? (ps. my homebase works via Ethernet). System works fine but I don’t like that one camera is now and than going offline.

Yesterday I have reset my modem and put the homebase in working modus Beta. It looks now that the camera I have issues with have a better connection with the home base. Don’t know if in this mode the RF signal output is increased or not but is seems to work better. Hope it stay this way. RF signal stripes on my camera are also better now. If it stay this way than it works perfect and I am happy again.