Cameras going offline

Hello Eufy!

My Eufy Cam 2C’s have been working great and I love them!! But… this is the second camera that has gone offline for no reason. The battery is still full. It is still on I pressed the sync button to check like the app told me to. So this means I have to get up on my ladder and unpair it and then repair it with the home base. And NO I have not moved it recently and it is extremely close to the home base. What is going on??? Any way you can add a feature so it can automatically reconnect or go back online by itself?? Maybe a way to connect the camera to the home base without the sound being played so that I don’t have to take down the camera and put it back up. I was under the impression that by buying these cams I would only have to get on the ladder every 6 months to recharge the battery not reconnect them because the camera goes offline.

21 Likes

Thanks for reaching out! @jls4wheeler

If the camera goes offline, check the following:

1. Press and release the SYNC button to check if the camera is switched off. If the LED does not light up, set the camera to ON in the camera settings or press and hold the camera for 2 seconds to boot up.
  2. Please check the network and see if its stable
  3. Remove the eufyCam which is offline on the EufySecurity app and then add it again to HomeBase.

If the issue still persists, please email us support@eufylife.com, we will get you taken care of within 24hours.

The thing is the camera is on and the connection is stable so there should be no reason for it to go offline. It’s annoying to have to unpair and repair the camera. You need a way for Th e camera to automatically repair when it goes offline!! This would be super helpful because we should not have to get up on a ladder to unpair and repair the camera!

10 Likes

Same problem here, except that the camera goes back online within hours. Defective?

5 Likes

My cameras have been working normal until the last Homebase update. After the last update the cameras started dropping connections randomly. It was just 1 cam at first. Then a second one the next day.

I ended up resetting the Homebase and re-adding the cameras. Which was a pain in the butt. That was the time I realized that I had to bring the Homebase close to each camera.
It was not an easy thing to do…
Sunce then, the system seems stable again. And I hope that it will stay this way.

I wonder why these updates are applied/pushed out automatically to customers.
Shouldn’t we have any control over it?

6 Likes

I have same problem. Offline. Charged again full .
Remove the device then add the device again unable do it outside. Did it inside the house next to homebase ok. But when move the camera back outside lost and offline again. Bad signal showed unable to connect. Did numerous times still the same.

5 Likes

before you go up a ladder to re pair the camera. try rebooting the base station via the app and rebooting your router. also completely close the app (don’t just back out) and reopen the app and see if it connects. i had this problem with 1 of 4 cameras when i first installed them. the same one would disconnect for no obvious reason. after reinstalling the camera multiple times i tried putting one of the other cameras at that location and put the malfunctioning one at a easy to get too location. well, the good camera started to disconnect and the malfunctioning camera was now rock solid. i moved the camera 3 feet over and have not had the issue since.

1 Like

Thank you for reaching out.

Have you tried to remove the camera device and re-added again?

Could you please let us know your eufy account? And the also serial number for the camera device? Please send the information to support@eufylife.com.

Remember your satisfaction is our top priority and we will be sure to resolve the issue for you.

Sane problem here. Already returned two eurfycams as they went offline three times a day.

Now one.off my 2c’s is doing the same.

Everything is healthy, good connection, not moved but.it loses connection and will not reconnect.

The camera needs to reconnect itself as I am tired of getting the ladder out every time these fail.

2 Likes

I have had similar issues. Notice no recordings/alerts for a few hours. Happens maybe once a fortnight. Reboot base through app sometimes works. More often, need to disconnect power from homebase1. That usually fixes it. Maybe every 6 weeks, cameras refuse to come back online (can’t live stream or record) for several days regardless of how many times I reboot every device (incl. wifi modem and router). So annoying. How do I “reset” things when I’m away from home? Answer is, I can’t!!! Other than that, not bad having 6 original cams on original homebase.

1 Like

Hey guys!

So sorry for the late reply.

If the issue still persists, could you please let us know your eufy account? Please feel free to reach out support@eufylife.com so we can have the enginerring team to look into this case for you.

Remember your satisfaction is our top priority and we will be sure to resolve the issue for you.

Same problem. Cameras worked fine for a couple of months then both started going offline. I re-added them to the base station and worked for a couple of weeks then they both went offline again. Nothing I have tried will connect the cameras to the base station again. I followed all the suggestions discussed in this forum. Any new suggestions as to how to fix this problem or is the product just defective ?

Cheers… Paul

I’m having the same issue. I have the basestation 2, 2 battery cameras and the battery doorbell. Each of them has been intermittently going offline and never coming back online again. I’ve rebooted all of the network infrastructure and that didn’t seem to help. When they are connected, they are showing full battery and full wifi bars. I’m not sure what to do next, as this is happening for all three of my camera devices.

2 Likes

Same here. Completely removed and repaired and still a problem. Unfortunately I need reliability in my smart home and security. Returning these and will try something different or maybe next year.

2 Likes

Same problem here. Only the wired doorbells work! All cameras show the error, both on live and stored video. Not happy.

2 Likes

One of my 2c cam went offline last night. Wouldn’t boot up until I connected the USB cable and the battery was 85%…

Hope it doesn’t become a regular thing…

1 Like

Same problem here like you. I’m very disappointed about this cameras.

1 Like

3 days in… Same problem. It’s just not good enough.

My floodlight camera is offline as I type this. It’s been off for a couple hours now. This happened a couple days ago to one of my other floodlight cameras. They’re offline then appear back online after some time. I have very a good wifi connection but this still seems to happen. So I know it’s not that my wifi. Losing connection to the server is what’s happening.

Indoor Cam 2K randomly goes offline as well. I have a Wyze V2 next to it and it doesn’t go offline.