Cameras going offline

One camera went offline last night - it’s the one closest to the Homebase. It’s freezing cold outside so rather than climb ladders to fix it I just tried rebooting my Homebase and the camera reconnected fine. However, all the recordings for that device for the last two days have disappeared. The apps shows recordings from more than 2 days ago and the ones from the other camera are not affected. Have asked Eufy support about it but has anyone else had this problem?

The same problem here. Doorbell 2k and 2 Pro cameras are going offline. They have been installed since november 2021 and never caused any problems till this week. What to do now?

I should have read these messages before buying a camera… mine is in a new building to record unwanted visitors. Last night I recorded a visitor, so far so good, but afterwards the camera went off-line and does not come back online anymore. I can’t go onsite until Monday… help… camera is an indoor cam 2k pan tilt.

Same problem here. One camera is offline after battery was low and recharge it. Wifi signal is more then good and when i place it back it still worked.

I dont understand this. It seems Eufy dont respond to this forum? I expected this as a service actually. Dont know what to do now…

submit your log. through Eufy App
a lots of logs.

Eufy are not bothered about this forum or their customers all Eufy are concerned with is new sales, since owning Eufy crap I have contacted Eufy support many times about problems and they are still trying to sort them out because they are useless.

This should solve the issue:
Go to your Homebase settings ->General -> Operation Mode/Working Mode or similar translation -> Choose Performance Mode (Beta)

This definetly helps!
Proofen multiple times. Problem is, with some Firmware Updates it switches back to Standard Mode and then the connection drops again.
Every time i switched Performance Mode back on, it works like a charm.

Hope it helps also for your Problems.

1 Like

Why Eufy provided 2 options if only performance works?

Eufy should update their firmwarr

Wired doorbell and wired floodlight 2k with similar problems. I actually cannot live stream into my floodlight can even with solid connection. Doorbell was fine for about 2 days and then started going wonky; offline or connection issues.

What fixed it for me was changing my WIFI name (ssid) to one with just letters and numbers. My homebase did not like connecting to WiFi with dashes or underscores

Thank you for sharing, does this resolve the issue with a homebase 2?

My cameras appear to go offline and not come back online every time Eufy updates the camera software. This happens frequently and without warning. I’m tired of manually checking my app daily to see if they’re still online and frequently going outside to climb a ladder.

1 Like