Doorbell Overheating

And now the westward facing has alarmed once direct sun falls on it. How did the designers miss direct sun and hot days? Weeks of research and I did not see reports of over heating back in April, then I bought and installed them only to have this issue. A real shame.

I just installed mine yesterday and today it’s shown 3 notifications saying that it is overheating. It’s 90° F and the product specs says that the operating temperature is able to hold up to 122° F. Has this issue been fixed?

Mine overheated the first day. To be fair it was almost 100F here and when the sun got low it was on the doorbell. I checked it with a laser thermometer and it was 135F. My front door faces west so I guess this will be a daily issue. Can we have a white one please? Black is a bad color for a doorbell.

They have since disabled the notification i a recent update. The only way to know is when it hits that time it normally hits a overheating notification. You’ll see in the app it’s offline.

I get direct sunlight is cooking this thing. But to me the workaround is a silicone cover to help reduce the internal temperature like a silicone oven mit. But hey I’m just some random guy that’s just been saying this to eufy for a few months. An just continue to deal with the multiple failures and let downs they fail to live up to. Don’t believe me go look at there BBB profile you’ll find a great rating of F as for how much they truly care.

1 Like

I am in North Texas - Outside temperature is 96F - Doorbell faces North and is in shade. It doesn’t ever see direct sun. Doorbell feels hotter than the wood it is mounted on. Checked temperature of doorbell using infrared thermometer that is verified correct. Top of door bell at 107F, center of doorbell at Eufy lettering 117F bottom of door bell 106F.

Unit is unstable. Unit has been unstable - After reading this forum I suspect a design problem. The doorbell has been nothing but problems with many false positives, No adjustments with sensitivity of specification of activity and ignored zones has been successful.

1 Like

Yeah I took the first one I sent back apart. An you can also see the internals on the FCC site. Just some ABS plastic board, lens, battery.

I just bought this product about 45 days ago from Amazon. All of sudden, doorbell started ringing by itself.
My house door faces to Sunlight. So I opened the door to let it cool, then I see ringing stopped in about 5 minutes.

I am in Dallas area, it’s not even Summer yet. Any idea? Otherwise, I will send it back.