Family member lost access to devices twice now

Hello, I invited my girlfriend to access the video doorbell on my account. It was working fine for a while and then all of a sudden she had this issue where nothing was showing up and I had to delete her account and reinvite her. Does anyone know why this happens?

3 Likes

you may find it easier and works better if you don’t share the device but just give her your login details and she logs into her app using them, if you don’t mind doing that of course.

The latest version of the Android app, V4.01 changes the hierarchy so that multiple homes and shared devices can be viewed. This makes it look like any shared devices have gone away after they update the app.

All you need to do to get your devices back is go to the top left of the app page, where it shows the name of your account and an down arrow on the right side of the account name. Click on the arrow and select Shared Devices. This will restore your shared devices to the app display.

Eufy developers have really got their head in a dark place when they rolled out this version without telling users how to get their devices back. There are multiple posts here and on Reddit where they deleted all their devices and re-added them becasue they couldn’t see any devices on the updated app.

You can’t tell me that Eufy couldn’t have written an script to add any shared devices back when the app was first opened. Its pretty much IT 101 to not muck up the user experience when you make changes to an app.

3 Likes

It literally says here what to do: Tips for eufy Security App v4.0
Even the app shows hints which countless of people are too stubborn to look at.
The amount of issues I have seen regarding this is jaw dropping.

Maybe if Eufy had competent software people, they would know not to present the user with a complete lack of devices when they open an app after update. That’s a recipe for disaster. Just spend 10 minutes writing a frikkin script to automatically attach the devices when the app opens. With Eufy’s history of crap firmware and app updates, they should bend over backwards to make sure the users aren’t put in the position they just experienced.

If the users want to change the top level of the app or add multiple homes, let them do it after the app opens and they can see that their devices are intact. They should fire their whole software department and any managers who approved this CF of a app.

1 Like

Agreed. Good design should be a intuative experience, no manual needed.
Especially when it’s just an update. We are not talking about new features here that need some learning…
it is a fundamental, that could indeed have been addressed in a tiny bit of code.

1 Like

I did what the update said to do and i got my devices back but only if i stay on the shared devices page if i go and click on my home page they go away so you will have to go through this crap every time unless you stay on shared devices page are you kidding me EUFY!!

I think if you want your devices under your home, you’ll have to move them. This, of course, assumes you are the Primary admin for your devices. Looks like Eufy once again has changed their app and not given users a clear explanation what they have to do to make use of the new levels of hierarchy they have created. Its probably easy to add your devices when you start out and build a system, but its not clear to me what needs to be done to change your devices under then new setup. I have several cams that I’m not using. Maybe I’ll mess around with adding them to the new Home structure.

I wish Eufy would learn to communicate with the users better. Out of all the improvements that I have seen requested, changing the Home / Device hierarchy isn’t one I’d put at the top of the list of desired changes.