Geofencing + Scheduling/recording at night while home

Guess the only workaround for this is a second base station?

2 Likes

I am also still waiting on this basic feature… how can it be so difficult. Pmease prioritize…

4 Likes

Any update? Thousands of customers are patiently awaiting this feature.

3 Likes

We are investigating and it is far more complicated than we can imagine. So unfortunately I cannot guarantee a time.

2 Likes

Yet another customer asking for this upgrade…how hard can it be??

4 Likes

+1

Eufy needs to add alternative geofenced option in the timer section. Like:
Choose mode when at home: …
Choose mode when away: …

5 Likes

Ha! Interesting thought…

2 Likes

Seriously, how? This is a simple IF statement.

Please explain.

3 Likes

I just set up 3 cameras last week and may now regret it… I thought for sure when i saw the different MODES available that i couldn’t go wrong…???

JUST ADD GEO-FENCING TO THE STATUS OPTIONS FOR SCHEDULING MODE OR ADD A SCHEDULING OPTION TO THE GEO-FENCING MODE !!!

3 Likes

Another one for this feature. I found this thread as I thought i was missing something.

2 Likes

It was to be done by Q4/2020? We are at Q2/2021 & still nothing!

4 Likes

This is must have option.

@Mengdi please give us a timeline when you expect to roll out this option

4 Likes

Any news?

3 Likes

I endorse this suggestion (which has been made by numerous others). It’s be the biggest single improvement that can be made to the system

6 Likes

Agreed. There’s some kind of animal eating my lettuces at night, I want to be able to wake up in the morning and check the tapes to see who to blame :joy:

4 Likes

I would think the more people that post on this, the higher Eufy engineers would score the need for this. I’m also reiterating the need to allow Geofencing and Scheduling to set security modes. It’s critical to allow the scheduler to set monitoring modes at night, even if we are a home, otherwise how are we supposed to get alerts or recording for intruders?

Relying solely on the scheduler is no good either, as if I leave the house during the day, there is nothing that will enable alerts/recording (short of me going into the app constantly to change modes). If we can’t do this, then open up the management of these devices to third party platforms, i.e. Smartthings.

6 Likes

I agree. This is a MUST feature. ARLO has done it since a long time and I cannot imagine it doesn’t exist with EUFY. By when will it be ready??

6 Likes

Yes this is a must. Please work to make this possible.

5 Likes

This is legit embarrassing that eufy (1) didn’t include this from the beginning and (2) can’t figure it out after over 18 months of requests from users.

This would help both their hardware (battery life) and application usefulness.

Just pathetic. Looking elsewhere now for my camera/lock/security set up and returning my unopened devices to Amazon now.

6 Likes

Please do this as soon as possible it is a critical feature that is needed. If you opened up the smart things /ifft then this should be simple.

Just bought 7 cameras and to find out that this is not a feature is disappointing and frustrating

7 Likes