Geofencing with schedule

This is absolutely needed. Just setting mine up and makes the cameras much less useful

3 Likes

I also need this feature.

3 Likes

This will never get done

1 Like

Has there been any progress on this feature request?

2 Likes

Itā€™s long past 4th quarter 2020. Seriously whatā€™s up with this?

2 Likes

@C_Hugr @AnkerSupport
I have given up waiting for anything that Eufy employees have said will be available soon. :roll_eyes:
Nothing more is going to happen. Rather, they constantly develop and sell new products without
caring about the customerā€™s wishes.
The customer has paid for it and they earn no more on ā€œimprovementsā€.
If my 3 cameras will break, I will throw out the Eufy system. :frowning:

4 Likes

Iā€™ve gave up too. Why this forum even exist, waist of time, they donā€™t listen or doing anything about it.

4 Likes

@ankersupport Any update?

2 Likes

@AnkerSupport please make this happen

2 Likes

Very disappointed by the lack of developer response.

2 Likes

So, having read another post from someone recently, the cause of the issue with geofencing is that the eufy app needs to be running on the phone where it is installed to detect and notify when it is ā€œIn the zoneā€ or ā€œOut of the zoneā€.

If your phone is one of the enabled devices for geofencing, and the eufy app is not running on your phone, there will be no way for your cameras to determine whether your phone is in or out of the zone. Iā€™ve tested this and the only time I can get geofencing to work is when the eufy app is left running on all phones registered under enabled devices.

This is bad because my wife and daughter will rarely open the eufy app on their own phones, which means their phones will never signal if they are in or out of zone.

The upshot of this is that geofencing is not usable unless everyone who has a phone registered under enabled devices keeps the eufy app running all the time. This is a fundamental shortcoming.

There needs to be a process or service that is kept active in the background, not associated with the eufy frontend application, which runs all of the time and is never put to sleep. This is the only way that geofencing can work reliably and without the user having to intervene in the process.

Get to it developers!

4 Likes

+1 for this feature please. Makes a proposition move from average to market leading.

3 Likes

I just bought your system but I really need the schedule at night working at the same geofencing. You write it would be develop in Q4 2020. Are there a new schedule for release???

3 Likes

Hi. So has feature now been launched? I am new to Eufy but was surprised to find out that you canā€™t automate or combine modes, instead having to manually change modes throughout the day. I thought the software would be smarter than that.

2 Likes

@Mengdi can you please chase this up with eufy/anker and give us an update - Thanks in anticipation.

@AnkerSupport

1 Like

Hi @Mengdi

We are now past Q4 2020 can you give us a further update please?

Thanks

Mike

@AnkerSupport

1 Like

Some sort of easy on off button for notifications only would be good. Itā€™s annoying receiving notifications everyone walking pass camera myself. :man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

Just joined the group guys / ladies after purchasing the eufy pro 2c system. Iā€™ve moved over from Arlo and to be honest the set up of the system was so easy.
I was disappointed to find that you canā€™t add a schedule when running geofencing which I think is a very important feature - any news on that upgrade yet ?
Also I donā€™t know if anyone can help, I have the app on my iPhone and geofencing works fine, I have added the app to my wifeā€™s phone ( and checked the settings) but when she goes out the app shows her as still at home.
Anyone else had this problem and been able to fix it please :sunglasses:

1 Like

I am also iOS developer and I can tell you that adding another profile to scheduler cannot be a problem. It is just switching profiles according to time. New custom profiles are automatically in the list so just add geofencing mode there!!!

To be honest, I donā€™t understand what they are implementing there? I havenā€™t seen any new feature during the last year (before that I had no experiences with this product).
I think, there is just one developer for everything. I donā€™t believe that there is serious development team.

I (We) need 2 working must have features !!!
#1 scheduler with all profiles including geofencing
#2 working geofencing profile

When you are done with these features please consider Siri/shortcut or IFTTT integration to be able integrate devices to automation with other devices.

3 Likes

After searching the internet for this solution, Iā€™ve just come across this threadā€¦seems Iā€™m not alone.
Come on Eufy it seems straightforward to most of us that this is a MUST. Surely it cannot be that hard to implement?

Update?

4 Likes