HELP - attempted robbery

My reply all:

Dear CCTV,

Hi, this is Eufy Customer Service.

We released a new firmware version for the Homebase, may I trouble you to download the video again to see if the issue persists?

If the issue still happens, we would suggest you record this video manually via iPhone’s recording (see the attachment), and we will forward the details again to do some improvements via the next firmware version.

Once again, so sorry for the long process and thanks for your patience.

That’s what I hear from them, it’s about software problem.

Not fixable then. ?

If the issue still happens, we would suggest you record this video manually via iPhone’s recording (see the attachment), and we will forward the details again to do some improvements via the next firmware version.

I take it no one has ever reported this issue before , hence why it’s never been in a firmware update before?

Really disappointed in your (eufys) response and handling of this - not once a care for actually how I am, no sense of urgency , and no fix - I shouldn’t have to use a screen recorder to fix this - it should just work - it should be a stable feature that works when you need it ?

Then, to not have any technical response that fills me with any confidence is really poor - it seems a “turn it off and on” IT approach is all I’m getting - it’s concerning that if I need this again - can I trust that it will record or work as designed - as right now the trouble I have had and embarrassing situations with the police, really makes me think - maybe I should Have my money back that I spent on this , as clearly not a reliable piece of software .

I really don’t want one line answers - I want details on what happened

3 Likes

Oh and as a update further - it still didn’t work …

Thank you so much for reaching out.

We are very sorry for keeping you waiting. To address your concern, the engineering team is now starting a project and mainly focus on this issue, the new firmware has released so please try to upgrade the latest firmware and see if the issue can be solved?

Apologies again for any inconvenience caused, please rest assured that we will fully take care of this case for you.

Their programmers must not be good. In the month I have been a user I have seen updates break more than they fix. Oh we can add support for new products all day long though.

2 Likes

@AnkerSupport it’s not saying an update is available for firmware so you haven’t realised an update for this at all!

Also can you confirm YES OR NO that this recording can be retrieved

1 Like

Would he then lose the footage by clicking on repair?

1 Like

Click on it and it said it may repair some damage files and may take some time. I didn’t go any further.

I tried repair and … took ages … nothing happened :frowning: - this is horrible situation because it worries me that when I need it (the system) it wasn’t there for me to use as it should be - I have lost confidence hugely :frowning: @AnkerSupport I feel that I have been ignored by anker and the fact they STILL haven’t had the courtesy to ask… are you ok :ok_hand:?

They are robots I’m sure of it full of automated / scripted replies that help nobody.

The fact of the matter is - NO firmware update is available to my device and nothing has been done to resolve the issue or fill me with any confidence that it won’t happen again, @Mengdi the next stage will be for something further to be escalated to show how a conviction relying on your system very nearly ( and still possible ) could not be made due to the lack of support and lack of a working app(!) and May allow two thugs to get away with something - this will NOT Be left to go unnoticed - you have to respond to me with a DETAILED log of what is wrong and WHY this error occurred and WHAT steps are in place to not let it happen again.

Other wise I will expect a full refund and I will seek compensation as this clearly is not fit for purpose .

I expect a detailed and through response directly to me @Mengdi @Yanyee1 @AnkerSupport

And I do NOT expect a scripted reply .

Paul

5 Likes

Out of interest could you or did you try to donate the vid to eufy?

Long shot just to test could you test on another internet connection?

You said it’s a 1 sec clip after downloading to album. What happen when you click on edit? Can scroll through vid?

Edit- seen your comment that you did donate.

2 Likes

It just downloads a vid file of 0:01 and it’s basically looking like a screenshot of the end of the clip - will play in app just, nowhere else :frowning:

1 Like

I knew this was going to turnout with no acceptable answer. just Like me and many others. The way they are operating don’t be surprise if they delete this forum sooner or later so nobody would no whats going on.

2 Likes

Sorry mean in album, click on 1 sec vid and edit in top right. Then see if can scroll through vid if you not tried yet.

Nothing could be done to retrieve the file - it was therefore non downloadable.

Support gave me £$30 to spend in store in anker product .

1 Like

Did you at least get iPhone screen recording?

Have they found a solution so it doesn’t happen again to you?

They really need to get on top of all these issues.

2 Likes

No excuse for them taking 6 days. Until eufy can get their shit together im.not refering anyone. Poor service. A couple weeks ago I was away from home and my neighbor called and said vehical had driven down my rd and didnt come out so went to view my cameras and nothing worked. I couldnt view live view or any recordings. I didnt think this was cloud based and could be accessed anytime. Boy was I wrong. Kind of upset about delayed response (6days) when you clearly told them that it was a emergency. No referrals from me anytime soon. Need to see a 180 in their customer service side a d reliability.

3 Likes