HomeKit is Coming to Indoor Cam!

This won’t affect your using of the camera.
If the firmware’s update have nothing to do with HomeKit and update eufy functions or fixed some eufy firmware bugs, the version won’t update in Home app.

1 Like

At least in my case the recording on HomeKit looks worse than the streaming. I’m ok if the recordings are 1080p but that is not the case for me. The recording looks worse than the streaming.

I have three cameras and mine keep getting disconnected from both HomeKit and the eufy app every few hours. The light on the cameras are the violet color which means initializing. Anyone else having this problem? I can’t make it a few hours without having to restart them.

If you have any usage problems, feel free to contact our customer team via support@eufylife.com. They can check the details for you.:slightly_smiling_face:

Under normal circumstances, the home app will give priority to the recording quality, so you can provide a screenshot and account to our customer service team about your situation to see if it is the reason for a certain location setting.

The cameras stop working within a few hours when set to Restricted within the HomeKit router functionality, this raises doubts over Eufy’s claims of being secure and private.

2 Likes

How did you get to that screen. Are you using the beta of iOS 14. I’m using the last actual release and I don’t see that anywhere.

Yeah, my indoorcam stops working after a while and reboots itself if it can’t reach the eufy servers. Even if the camera is set to “off” in the eufy app so that only HomeKit is running.

And if it can’t reach the eufy servers during boot up, it gets stuck in a reboot loop every 10 minutes or so (two minutes up, eight minutes down).

Even with the camera set to “off” in the eufy app, it continues to communicate with eufy servers.

The eufy site says “Privacy is our priority”? Hmm. Not so sure about that.

1 Like

This screen is in home app and you have to have hsv turned on this is the playback on that screen

By ‘That screen’ I assume you mean the HomeKit Restricted screen, if so, this is a feature of HomeKit Routers. Currently Eero routers support HomeKit router functionality.

2 Likes

I hope also that HomeKit will be added to other products. Especially the 5 piece security system. It’ll be great that HomeKit knows about the status of the sensors and also that you can activate or désactivate just when your iPhone is coming near home.
If not possible, at least some SIRI shortcuts can help a lot!

2 Likes

Me toi
Please 2 way audio

The same problem here!
I have the last version of iOS, firmware Eufy cam and eufy app and I have an issue with this, can not unplug the cam to homekit (I erase my cam and restart homekit And there are no devices in my Homekit) but the app Eufy says to me can not reverse and in red text wrote homekit is the control of the preferences and I can not change this status.
How can I unplug the cam to homekit?
I want use eufy app to control my cam.
I do not like homekit to conttol the cam.

It’s very sad and frustrating… HELP!

Since last week the camera stopped working under HomeKit. Tried adding it again without any succes. Tried to delete and install the camera in the eufy app. That worked. But still can’t add it to HomeKit. Anyone any ideas? Is this maybe due to the last software update from 19-01-2021?

1 Like

It’s unbelievable that you guys are offering support for indoor cameras with Homekit but you don’t support your own home base 2.
What a shame eufy.

Please make them battery rechargeable and not plug in

Just installed the tilt and pan camera. But it is nog possibel to Connect it with HomeKit. All the latest updates are installed, both systems restart, but nothing helpt! Who can help me?