HomeKit is Coming to Indoor Cam!

Now it is working. Thank you eufy.

Working too in Spain!

BTW.

• Camera is updated to 2.0.69, but Homekit detects 2.0.68 firmware version.
  • In configuration, ‘Power Off’ deactivate the cam at Eufylife APP, but not for Homekit. It should be better to fully deactivate. Sometimes someone could decide not being observed.
  • And it disconnects from Homekit often, not from Eufylife APP.

Thanks

Work too, in France
Merci EUFY :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Will indoor camera support local storage to HomeKit itself instead of its own cloud storage or Apple iCloud in the future?

2 Likes

What do you mean? Homekit storage is only via Homekit Secure Video in iCloud.

I was able to set up my 2k indoor cam to HomeKit but the video went down in resolution. It looks very pixelated and very low quality. Once I remove the cam form HomeKit the quality of the video returns to normal. I know that HomeKit works with 1080p but if I put the cam on 1080p on the Eufy app its 100 times better that the HomeKit 1080p. Is it normal?

1 Like

Same here with the resolution…

I’d like to know this too. I definitely do not want any cloud storage which is why I purchased these two cameras. It was working with the microSD and with my NAS. Now both are disabled for recording which defeats the purpose of the cameras.

Will a future update fix this? I’m not interested in having iCloud HomeKit secure video storage.

Mine looks fine on homekit. Does your Apple TV/HomePod have a decent connection to your network? I don’t know if that’s needed for streaming but maybe.

External storage of HomeKit with indoor cam is my plan

1 Like

Any plans to address the poor resolution when HomeKit is enabled?

3 Likes

After starting homekit, if you have inserted an SD card, and your SD card is functioning normally, local storage is still available, but NAS storage will be disabled.

1 Like

After starting homekit, if you have inserted an SD card, local storage is still available, but NAS storage will be disabled.

This is because homekit only supports 1080p. If homekit is enabled, our app needs to be compatible with resolutions downwards. If the homekit is unbind, the resolution will be restored to 2K.

Then why if I set up the cam to 1080p on the Eufy app the quality is good and as soon as I enable HomeKit the resolution gets very bad? If both are 1080p it should be the same. The 1080p on HomeKit you can’t see the faces clearly. But on the 1080p on Eufy app without HomeKit it look perfect.

Because the home app limits the two video streaming paths in the homekit specification (priority to ensure recording):
1.1080p: for icloud storage recording;
2.720p: for viewing live streaming (to ensure stable recording). -your situation
But when you switch back to eufy security app, we will use the 1080p path, so you will feel that the eufy security app will see the live stream more clearly.

There are two solution for you to use the home app:

• iCloud storage is not required: both video and real-time streaming are 1080p after unbinding;
  • iCloud storage is required: 1080p video storage(dynamically adjust according to the network situation);720p live streaming.
3 Likes

Looking at the HomeKit specifications 720p is the minimum, but not a requirements is it also because the camera shoots at 15fps and HomeKit requires a minimum of 24fps?

1 Like

This is not the case for me. All recording to microSD is disabled even though I’ve had a 128GB microSD card in there prior to switching to HomeKit.

Another issue is that after removing the pan and tilt from the Home app, the Eufy app still thinks it is part of HomeKit and won’t reenable motion detection even after restarting the camera.

1 Like

When you enable the HomeKit, it will switch to 24fps for two streaming (one is 1080P used for recording, other one is 720P used for the live streaming ), and the data rate will adjust to the wifi network. All of which may caused that you find the image in Home is not as clear as the eufy app